Chap 16- I Wont Let You Break

•HOTEL GRAND DELIGHT•
Shivay & Annika decided to take the first flight to India. The tickets got booked. It was already 2:00 clock in the midnight. The flight was at 4:30 am.

SHIVAY•
Shivay was so numb. He couldn't think about anything but his dad. He remembers he was in the room alone when he received the call from Martha. She was so scared & tensed. She informed him about his father's health. Shivay felt baffled. How could this happen? He was fine when they left for airport. He could think of nothing but Annika. He was so scared. He ran towards the other room & just hugged her to tell her the news.

ANNIKA•
Annika was breaking from inside. She was already shocked because of Jennifer when suddenly Shivay came with the news. She was so worried about her father in law's health. She could not see Shivay crying. She just prayed for his well being. She knew god forbade if anything happened to dad, Shivay will break.

Both of them were so numb & stunned by the news. Jennifer got to know this & she tried consoling Shivay. Now everything that she did seemed so fake to Annika. She knew Jennifer was just playing with Shivay's feelings but she decided not to tell him for the time being. She knew Shivay cannot take two bad news at the same time. Jennifer hugged him & consoled him. She said that she will keep asking about his dad on phone.
It was time for them to move, Jennifer insisted on coming to the airport but Shivay refused. Everyone hugged Shivay. Angelina hugged Annika. They asked them to be strong.
"I think you should tell it to him Annika" Karan said in a soft voice so that no one hears him.
"Its not the right time Karan" Annika said.
"I m there with you, dont worry everything will be fine. Call me whenever you feel like" Karan said smiling towards her.
She got a nice friend in Karan. There was something very positive about him. She knew she could trust him.
"Take care" she said giving the warm smile back.
After bidding farewell to everyone, Shivika left for the airport.

•INDIA•
The whole flight seemed like hundred years of long journey. Both of them were quiet. Annika was holding Shivay's hand. There fingers were entwined with each other. It was as if she was assuring him her support, it was as if she was telling him that he needs not worry & he needs not get scared because she is there with him. She is there to hold him from breaking.

They reached Oberoi Mansion at 9:00 am in the morning. Shivay just ran towards his dad's room. He saw the oxygen mask on his father's face. He was lying down like a lifeless man. His eyes were closed, the sides of his eyes were red & dry. His lips were whitish, just like the winter snow covers the plains. His face looked pale & weak. Shivay held his hand & kissed them. The tears were not ready to stop. He was sobbing so hard.
"Wake up dad" shivay sobbed.
"Plz..." he again said.
The room was filled with 2 nurses, doctor, Mr Wadhwa, Martha & Annika.
Annika felt her heart scattering into million of pieces. She cannot see Shivay like that. He was broken. She felt herself shivering. Watching her Mr Wadhwa hugged her. She hugged him back tightly.
She was worried for her father in law. Mr. Oberoi was more like a father to her. She cannot lose him.
She slowly broke the hug & went to Shivay. She softly placed her hand on his shoulder.
"Ann..Annika see he is not waking up" he cried helding her hand.
"Plz ask him to wake up, he cant deny you" he said requesting her.
"Shivayy!! He will be fine. Plz dont be weak. He wont be happy to see you like this" she said cupping his face.
Everyone in the room felt their eyes moist watching them.
Shivay stood up & went to the doctor.
"Dr. What is wrong? Tell me why is he not responding to the treatment? I will do everything possible to save his life, plz tell me what all is there that you need?" He schreamed.
"Calm down Mr. Oberoi. We are trying our best but this is the last stage. The chances are less. Plz believe in god" he said disappointed.
Shivay felt choking. He just moved out of the room like a dead corpse. Annika followed him. He went to his room & sat on the recliner. It was as if he was not in this world. His eyes were not blinking. They were just flowing tonns of tears. They have got red & puffy due to continous crying & so was Annika's eyes.

•SHIVIKA's ROOM•
She came towards him & was about to say something when he hugged her tightly. His face was on her waist, his hands surrounding it. She could feel her sari & waist wet by his painful tears. She didnt moved. She allowed him to cry. It would make him feel better but her own tears didnt stopped. She just caressed his hair softly.
"I cant live without him Annika...I cant lose him" Shivay said in between the sobs.
She was just listening to him.
"I was so small when you lost ma, I used to feel so alone & shattered. I used to feel scared & vulnerable. I used to feel betrayed. I felt she didnt loved me & thats why she left me. These things made me heartless but still there was a heart inside me. That was because of my dad. He became the sole reason of my life. Everything I did, I did for him. A part of me died when I got to know that he has that fucking fatal disease, thats why I agreed to marry you, I thought my decision would give him some more life. But see, even after this he is cheating with me. I cant survive without my dad, he is my everything Annika. Plz tell me that he will not go." He felt some wet drops falling on his forehead. He looked up to see her red face full of tears. She felt his pain to every bit.
She cupped his face, she bent a little down & kissed his forehead. The kiss was so soft yet so meaningful & strong. He felt so light. He felt her immense love in that kiss. It was like the kiss assured him that everything will be fine. It was like the kiss assured him that she is there with him.
They both looked into each other's eyes. The tears spoke volume. She sat behind him, still cupping his face.
"Shivay.. listen to me. He will be fine. He loves you the same way you love him. He cant leave you like this. He wont go anywhere. Do you trust me?" she asked.
She could see him nodding his head into yes. She smiled, he smiled back. The next moment he kept his head on her lap. She caressed her hair. Her soft touch made him sleep in some seconds & she just kept sitting there in the same position looking at his face.
" I wont let you break Shivay, I love you" she said while a tear fell on his hair just like a flower which falls from the statue of god, when you pray for something. The falling of a flower is like the assurance by god that what all are you praying for will be fulfilled similarly her tear fell on his head, to assure him that what all she said she meant it.

Precap : The Night Of Love

Hey readers!
Thanku so much for the votes & comments. Love you all for the kindness. Plz dont stop showering your love❤️

I literally had tears in my eyes when I was writing this chapter. I m sorry if it made you cry too.😭😭😭

Precap is gonna be a surprise so do not forget to read the next chapter.

Give your views on this chapter. You can ask me if there is any doubt.

Just one more thing, The next chapter is going to be bit mature. I will make it private so make sure to follow me to read it
P.s : dont follow to unfollow 🤗

Till then take care
❤️