Chap-9 The Dance Of Confusion

Shivika reached the beautiful garden where the party was organised. It was decorated with dim lights & flowers. The environment seemed peaceful, serene & romantic. They were welcomed by the hotel staff with utmost modesty.
"We cordially welcome all the respected guests in the party. Its the eve of our 75th anniversary & we are glad to have this beautiful couple between us who is the winner of today's couple contest, Mr & Mrs Shivay Singh Oberoi from India. Plz give them a huge round of applause" the host said while the garden got surrounded by the sound of claps.
"Wow they look so good together" someone said from behind.
"Omg what a cute couple" they heard someone say.
"They look so hot together" wispered a couple from behind.
Shivay & Annika literally felt like some celebrity guest. Annika could not stop blushing by the attention & compliments they both got. Shivay also felt good & he smiled watching Annika blush. Watever it is, for watever time they are together, he just wants her to be happy.
"We would love to invite you both on the dance floor sir" Shivay heard the host say.
"Dance?" Annika said in confusion.
"Yes mam, please" he said again.
"But Shivay.." Annika gave a look to Shivay as if asking him how can they dance.
"Come Annika" he said holding her hand, moving towards the dance floor & not to forget giving a shock to Annika.
He wants to dance with her? He has no problem dancing with her in front of so many people?
The music started playing & the spotlight fell on them.
"Aankhe band krlu jo main, dekhu bus tumhe"
Shivay kept a hand on Annika's waist & entwined the other hand with her.
"Khwabon me hi keh sakta hu, apna tumhe"
Annika kept a hand on his shoulder & entwined the other hand with his.
"Rehne de mera ye vehem pe hi yakeen, Na ja abhiii...."
The spotlight was on them & they started swaying along the rythm & music.
"Pyar ki ye raat hai, ab na jaa..."
They were looking into each other's eyes as if saying all emotions which are undiscovered & unsaid.
"Choti si ek baat hai, ab na jaa..."
They were just so lost in each other that nothing made a difference. It was as if no one was watching them.
"Tumhi se hai meri neende, na bhi ho to kya"
Shivay kept both his hands on her waist, it sent shivers running down her spine. She closed her eyes tightly with the warmth of his hand touching her waitst.
"Tumhi se hai meri baate, na bhi ho to kya"
She rested her head on his chest & they just kept moving along.
"Kehne de taaro ko kahani unkahi, na ja abhi"
Shivay holded her through her waist & lifted her up in the air. Her breathing got heavy. She could literally feel her heart beating against his face. Shivay didnt knew what was happening, he was just enjoying the dance with her.
"Pyar ki ye raat hai, ab na ja"
He steadied her down in the ground & rolled her towards him, which made her back land against his chest. Now her back was touching his chest & there was literally no space between them.
"Choti si ek baat hai, ab na ja"
His face was resting on her shoulder now. The bun & off shoulder gown gave him enough space to rest his chin just behind her nape. She could feel his warm breath on her nape, it gave her goosebumps.
"Pal do pal ka sath hai, ab na ja"
He could not understand what was happening to him. He just felt like standing in that position for eternity. Her sweet flowery shampoo was making him go mad. His nose was literally nuzzling her nape & shoulder area,  that fruity smell of her skin was making him lose his senses.
"Jadoo si ye raat hai ab na ja"
She was literally feeling week on her knees now. His stubble was actually rubbing against her neck. She felt her breaths heaving up against her chest. His hands were resting on her waist. She could do nothing but hold his hand on her waist tightly with the close proximity. Their eyes were still closed.
"Ab na jaa..Ab na jaa...Ab na jaa"
She rested her head on his chest, as if giving him more space to devour her neck & shoulder area. He gave her a small peck on the side of her neck which literally gave her currents, she felt her heart exploding by that new sensation. It was the first time someone kissed her there like that. She suddenly turned to the other side & hugged him tightly. He responded the hug with the same intensity. There legs were still moving on the rythm & the people standing there just adored the beautiful couple. Their dance literally made them drop their jaws in aww.
Shivika was just standing in the same position when the loud sound of claps brought them back to the real world.

Annika suddenly pulled back from the hug realising what all happened a few minutes back. Shivay came back to senses & saw that  expression of disbelief on her face. He could see her flushed face which was red both by embarrassment & shock.
"Wow Mr & Mrs Oberoi, that was quiet a hot dance" the host said while the other guests were busy whistling & clapping.
Annika was still just trying to hide her face somewhere. She was ignoring his eyes. Suddenly he saw her running towards the exit point.
"An..nnika" Shivay shouted to stop her but she ran faster than the wind.
"Excuse me" Shivay said while running towards Annika.

•OUTSIDE THE GARDEN•
He was trying to find her everywhere but she could not be seen. A few minutes later he heard some sobs, it was Annika standing behind the cars in the parking.
"Annika..." he quickly ran towards her.
"I..am..sor..sorry Annika I know I have hurt you, I m sorry.. plz stop crying Annika"
He was busy apologising when suddenly he felt her hugging him tightly.
She hugged him like a baby hugs his mom when he gets to see her after a long day.
He just reciprocated the hug, he didnt felt like saying anything. He just hugged her back, caressing her head. He knew she must be feeling bad by what he has done, he knew he needed to apologise to her but at that moment he just gave her what she wanted. She cried hugging him for sometime & then when she felt a bit fine, she pulled apart.
"Are you okay" he asked her cupping her face.
"Hmm" she replied back looking into his eyes.
He could see her red eyes which were full of pain. He was feeling so angry on himself. He is the reason of her pain, he already hurt her so much n now again he gave her the same pain. Why did he do that? How can he kiss her & wait a minute why didnt he stopped? Why didnt he thought about Jennifer for once? Why was he so lost in her that he forgot everything..even Jennifer? Why didnt she crossed his mind even for once? Why did he felt like dancing with Annika like that forever?" These questions were exploding his brain. He felt like punching something. What the fuck was wrong with him?
"Shivay.." he heard her soft voice
"Ann..ika.. I m sorry" he said looking into her eyes.
"Dont be Shivay, it was not your fault. I m fine. Lets go, they all must be thinking what is wrong" she said moving forward in the direction of the garden.
"She cannot blame him alone, she was also lost in him completely. Why did she allowed him to touch her like that? Why is she doing this torture to her? Why didnt she stopped him? Even after knowing that he cant be with her how can she let him kiss her like that? It was my fault" she thought.
Shivay just followed her quietly to the garden where the party was going on.
Both of them felt some new sensation today. They were confused, they were lost, they were hurt, they were unaware.
Unaware of so many other things which are yet to happen & which will turn their world upside down.

Precap : Shivika's fun visit

Hey dear readers,
Thanku so much for 100+ likes on the last post. It feels so good. Plz continue reading & liking guys.
•Do give your views on this update. I wrote such un update for the first time, tell me how you all like it.
•Finally some feelings have started  developing in Shivay's heart but do you think he will understand them?
•Will he able to know which feelings are real? The one with Jennife or with Annika?
•Both of them are struggling. They are still figuring out how to come out of this fiasco but their hearts are moving in the opposite direction. To know more keep reading guys.

Thanku so much for the love
🖤