Chap 35 - You're My Strength

"Shivaaaayyyyy" the shriek cry broke him up from his sleep.
He saw her trembling in fear while her face was wet with the beads of sweat mixed with tears.

"Annikaaa" he cupped her face while she turned to look at him and collapsed in his arms. He couldn't understand what to do. He tried calling her name but she had fainted till then.

Shivay was trembling with fear now! It was 5:00 am & he had called the family doctor. Till the time the doctor arrived Shivay sprinkled some water drops on Annika's face but she was still unconscious. He was in tears now. Mr. Oberoi was consoling him but he was not ready to listen anything

"Da..add why isn't she waking up?? Tell her to wake up na?? Annikkaaa please" he sobbed.

"Billu Nothing will happen to her, let the doctor come" Mr. Oberoi tried to convince him although his own heart was trembling with terror.

As soon as the doctor came, Shivay gained some hope. After checking Annika, he told them that she had undergone a panic attack and it might be due to some bad dream or hallucination.

The doctor told Shivay that things like this are common during pregnancy. He asked Shivay to be strong and patient while he adviced him to take extra care of Annika coz women usually go through different kinds of fears, stress, phobias and insecurities during pregnancy.

"For how long will she be unconscious doctor" he asked.

"Can't say, but she will wake up soon" the doctor told and went away.

Mr. Oberoi felt relax and after hugging Shivay tightly he went to him room.

Shivay lied down beside her, he kept stroking her forehead with his hands for sometime. After sometime he went near the baby bump and caressing it lovingly with his hands he said
" Your dad loves you and your mommy a lot my angel, I won't be able to live without you too. Please ask your mommy to wake up soon, I need her by my side, always" he said while a pair of tears escaped his eyes.

The moment his tears touched her belly, the wetness brought some life to her hands. They moved while her eyes started opening slowly. It was as if Shivay felt the heartbeats coming back to his heart. He moved towards her face immediately.

"Annikaa" he said caressing her face with love.

"Shivaayyy" she said and the moment he felt himself locked between her arms. Her sobs were making him restless. She was hugging him as tightly as if someone had chained them together. He stroked her head while she moved a bit back only to shower his face with uncountable kisses. She kissed him like she had seen him after ages. He allowed her to do what all she wanted. His face was now wet because of her tears.

"Annikkaa" he said wiping her tears.

"Are you okay Shi..Shivayy? Are you hurt?? Where have you gone? I was so scared, you literally killed me" she managed to speak while her throat choked due to crying.

"Shhh...Annikaa! Look m fine, Your Shivay is all okay my love" he said taking her hands in his and making her touch his face, arms and body.

It was as if she was a bit relaxed after that. She hugged him again and said
"But you have went for the meeting na? I was waiting for you, I saw a news clip on tv, they said.." she stopped in between, that headlines still scared the shit out of her.
"I can't live without you Shivayy" she clutched his shirt tightly while her head  rested on his chest.

"You must have dreamt something bad Annika. I have not gone for any meeting. You remember we came in the room after dinner and then you said you are feeling tired so we slept. I was with you and I m still there with you" he said assuring her his presence.