Chap 48- The Father & The Son

•OBEROI MANSION•
The atmosphere of the house was really jovial and full of life with the arrival of the baby.

After receiving the best birthday gift from Karan, Shivay and Annika moved inside the house together on the flowery pathway. Annika and Shivay were really happy and so were the other members including the staff of the Mansion.

They went to the living area and now it was time for Karan to take the baby in his hands and see him for the first time.

Karan already wore a mask and gloves so that the baby stays protective of the germs. The moment Annika handed the baby over in Karan's arms, they saw his eyes dropping happy tears. His face shined bright with a contented smile. This was what he wanted for himself. He waited impatiently to hold the baby in his arms and his wish was fulfilled.

"He looks exactly like a mixture of you both" Karan remarked looking lovingly at the cute face of the baby who was sleeping.

Annika and Shivay smiled at his remark. And more than that they were happy to see Karan. The smile on his face relieved them.

"You know Annika I never thought that I will live enough to see him and play with him but thankfully god fulfilled my greatest wish. I can't thank you and Shivay enough for this small bundle of joy. I wish him all the happiness of this world. I know you guys will love him and will raise him up to be the most amazing human being. All my good wishes are with him and you guys. Just enjoy this beautiful phase of your life. Stay blessed"
Karan said bringing tears in Shivay and Annika's eyes.

All Annika could do at that time was saying "Thanks" while Shivay kept a hand on his shoulder and said

"This is possible because of you Karan. Had you not saved Annika that night, everything would have been destroyed. So stop thanking us and do not forget he is your son too" Shivay said making Karan happy. Karan can never thank Shivay for his big heart. Even after knowing that he loved his wife, Shivay helped him, kept him in his house and now this.

After adoring the baby for sometime and blessing him with all the positive hopes Karan handed him over to Shivay.

It was time for Annika to take rest so after the dinner, Shivay took Annika to their room. They bid goodnight to Karan and Mr. Oberoi.

•SHIVIKA ROOM•
It was around 10: 00 pm.
The baby was still sleeping and was cribbing out of hunger. As soon as Annika sat on the bed, she started feeding the baby. Shivay was just adoring her and his son. They looked so beautiful. The way Annika smiled, caressing the small little head of the baby made her look so angelic. The content and shine on her face made her look ethereal. The radiance of being a new mommy shined brightly on her beautiful carved face.

The baby finally slept but Annika was still busy adorning her handsome son. She lied him down next to her and covered him with a small blanket.

"Ahem Ahem" she heard Shivay's voice and looked up to see him sitting behind her.

"What happened Shivay?" She asked him in confusion.

"Nothing, I just realised that this little cutie has very proudly replaced me" he said in a sad tone.

"What do you mean?" Annika asked him.

"You didn't even looked at me once since I entered the room. You are all busy with your son now. So this means You have no time for me" Shivay said making Annika chuckle.

"Why are you laughing now?" Shivay asked raising his eye brow.

"I m laughing because I forgot that I have two little babies in this room. You are such a cutie Shivay. How can you say that our son has replaced you. Nothing and no one could replace you in my life. It's just that our son is an addition and he will do nothing but bring us more close" Annika said caressing his cheeks lovingly.