Chap 8- The Promise

•HOTEL BLUE SPARKLE•
After the lunch, Shivay & Annika decided to have some rest. It was just 4:00 pm, Shivay asked Annika to rest on the bed while he lied down on the recliner.

SHIVAY•
He was not able to sleep. Its been a week & he is not able to talk to Jennifer. He made sure that Annika has slept peacefully. He went to the balcony and tried calling Jennifer. This time she picked up the call.
"Hello, Jenny? Thank god you picked up the call. Are you okay?" He asked worriedly.
"How does it matters Shivay? Stop calling me again & again. I dont think there is anything left between us" she replied bitterly.
"How can you even say that Jenny? Do you think all of it can end like this?" He was hurt.
"Now that you are happily married & settled with your wife, what can I expect? Moreover you could have stopped the marriage but did you?" She complained.
"Jenny try to understand, I was stuck man. We can talk okay. Just know that I love you" He tried consoling her.
"I love you too, please come back soon. I have come to mom & dad for the vacation. Please do whatever you can & come back." She said.
"Yes just give me sometime. I will figure out something. Take care baby, I miss you."
Shivay said while cutting the call.
He came back & again lied down on the recliner. He could see Annika sleeping peacefully. She looked so adorable. On one side there is Annika, who is his wife, besides that she is a gem of a person. His heart doesn't feels good with the thought of hurting her. On the other side there is Jennifer, the love of his life. Who supported him in his college time. She was the only girl who was his friend in the college. She filled that vacant place in his heart. He turns down the other side & remembers how from the first day of college Jennifer was his constant support system. Either it was about the projects, the events, the seminars, the parties she was always on his side. She understood him so well. He didnt even knew when he fell in love with her but obviously he was not the one who realised the feelings first. Jennifer was the one who proposed to him. She made him realised that they were not just friends but a bit more. He didnt realised what love is untill she made him realise. Thinking about all those moments with Jennifer, he slipped into the world of sombre.

ANNIKA•
She was standing in the balcony when Shivay received a call. It was jennifer. She could not hear anything because there was a glass section between the room & balcony but she could see that Shivay was arguing with her on the phone. He looked tensed & tried to explain his part but it seemed Jennifer could not understand anything. Shivay finally threw the phone and came towards her on the balcony.
"You know what Annika? I hate you..all this is happening with me is because of you. Jennifer left me forever, are you bloody happy now? You got the peace of your life right? But you know what I m not gonna let it happen. If I cant be with Jennifer, I wont live with you as well" he shouted & jumped off the balcony which was on the 15th floor. She could see him falling off the balcony.
"SHIVAAAAYYYYYYY" she shouted trying to catch a hold of his hand.

•SHIVAY•
He was sleeping when suddenly he heard a terrifying scream, as if someone shouted his name. It was Annika. He turned to see her sitting her on the bed in a disheveled condition. Her eyes were literally popping out of fear & tears were flowing like a flood. He ran towards her and side hugged her.
"Shi...Shivayyyy.. are you okay?" she cried hard hugging him tightly.
"Shhhh..I m here Annika. See I m fine. Stop crying..relax" Shivay said calming her down. He was continuously caressing her back & hair. She was sobbing so hard, but she was still clutching the collar of his shirt tightly.
"Annika...Everything is fine. You must have dreamt something terrific. Look into my eyes" he said cupping her face.
She opened her eyes and looked into his eyes. They showed care & protection. The way he was looking at her made her feel secure but what she dreamt literally scared the shit out of her. She can leave him but cant lose him for life. The tears were rolling down again.
"Annika, I m here okay? I promise I wont let anything happen to you. You are my responsibility & my childhood buddy. I wont let any danger come near you so dont worry, I m here." he told her with the utmost honesty, wiping the tears from her face.