Charmed

The bar was full of people trying to get the bartender's attention.

Dei tries to squeeze through the crowd and hits her hand on the counter with a 1,000 bill.

"8 shots Tequila!" she shouts.

She catches the bartender's attention and attends to her right away.

A few inches away from her was RJ, who is also trying to order another round for him and his friends.

Dei sways a little and mouths the words to the song as it changes to Semi-Charmed Life.

♪ I want something else, to get me through this, semi-charmed kind of life ♫

RJ stares at this girl, no woman, wearing dark cherry lipstick on her luscious plump lips, a yellow blouse that doesn't need to be revealing yet hugging all the right curves, and skinny jeans.

Dei looks around and saw him staring at her. Who is this guy?

Ang tangkad naman nito. She thought as she looks back at the bartender putting all the shot glasses on a tray.

Her eyes. Her big brown doe eyes were captivating.

RJ thinks of a move to talk to her.

"Here you go Miss!" The bartender says as he hands over the tray to Dei.

RJ offers to carry the tray for her. "Allow me. Miss?"

Dei stares at him from head to toe.

Waiter kaya ito dito? Parang ang gwapo naman masyado.

"Uh, sure." Dei gestures to her table.

RJ walks behind her to bring the shots to their table.

"Ay shala naman Dei! Umorder ng inom, may dala pang pulutan!"

Paolo teases Dei. Her friends laughed.

"Huy. Tignan mo 'to. Wag mo ngang ganyanin yung bata! Haha! Uy salamat ha."   Dei says to him as she sits on her chair.

Bata? Teka...  RJ thought.

"You're welcome. Sorry I didn't get your name. Miss?"  lumuhod si RJ sa tabi niya.

"I'm Dei." She smiles sweetly and shakes his hand.

Thank goodness for the loud music, he discreetly sniffs her, his eyes closed.

Oh God what heavenly scent is that?

"Uh, sige iho, salamat ulit."

"Iho? How old do you think I am?" natawa si RJ.

"Hoy bakit kayo nag bubulungan dyan ni bagets??"  Paolo shrieks

"Lakasan nyo o wala kaming marinig dito o!"  Cai shouts at them

"Hindi kayo yung kausap wag nyo nga istorbohin! Tuloy nyo lang yan Mars." Kim winks.

Dei turns her head back to RJ, still kneeling on one foot, anticipating an answer.

Bakit singhot ng singhot 'to?   Dei wonders.

"I think you're old enough, but too young for my taste."

"And how old are you exactly?" RJ ask, trying to put on his most charming smile.

Ay wow may pa-bedroom voice si bagets.

"Too old for you." She says as she bops his nose.

"Sige na, balik ka na sa friends mo, mukhang hinahanap ka na o."   Dei gestures to his friends' direction.

"Thanks again." Dei turns her back and joins in her friends' conversation.

RJ walks back to his friends' table.

"O pare, hot ng chick na yun ah!"

"Nakuha mo number?"

"Olats. Mukha daw akong bata." RJ says as he chugs down his beer.

"O ano ngayon? Bata eh di matibay pa ang tuhod! Atletang Pilipino."  Je says as he chews his calamares.

"Mamaya, kausapin ko ulit." RJ says as he glances at Dei again.

There's something about this woman and the way she talks..

Especially with those lips... which he has full intentions of tasting before this night ends.

He will not take no for an answer.