CSR

Maine woke up earlier than usual on a Sunday morning to get ready for their activity. Everything's set, and all her stuff are in the car. She decides to get her breakfast on the road, figured she'd rather be early at the venue to gather her team.

As she arrives in Laguna and sends a group message to her team to meet up at the coordinator's office.

It's a lovely sunny day despite the rainy day report on Dei's weather app. She meets with the rest of Manila and Laguna groups for orientation and division of activities.

Kim and Cai came together, and Jules drove by herself.   Dei's favorite students, Val and Trish came a little late, running towards the group just as the orientation started.

"Good morning fellow La Sallians.  Thank you so much for participating in this activity.   In a while, the groups assembled by DSWD Laguna who are in need of our assistance will be arriving here.    We have a team coordinating their arrival, and you will be escorted to your stations..."

"Show of hands from DLSU-Manila, Dept. of Education?  Lead by Dr. Tina Pariña?  Yes.  There. Please go with Ms. Ramos over there, she will be escorting you. Thanks."

"Ms. Maine Mendoza and her team from the Psych Department?"  Dei and her team raise their hands.

"Okay. Please go with Mr. Samson."

"Next... Our volunteers for the repacking of goods from DLSU-Laguna, Ms. Amora and her team?...."

Dei's team faintly hears the coordinator as they follow Mr. Samson leading them towards a empty classroom.   They all sit in a circle, and Mr. Ramos stays standing with a clipboard in his hand, checking their names.

"Good, you're all here.  Maraming salamat ulit at sumali kayo sa volunteer work na ito. Ako nga po pala si Kian, pero you can call me K. I'm sure na orient na kayo ng ating Team Leader si Ms. Maine, and nandito ako para maging guide nyo rin sa mga mangyayari ngayong araw."

"For today, ang darating pong mga grupo ay 24 na mga babae na inabuso, sexually, verbally, ng kanilang mga asawa, ama, at mga taong hindi nila kilala.  Lumapit o inilapit sila sa DSWD para humingi ng tulong, at parte ng tulong na ibinibigay ng DSWD ay libreng therapy."   Kian divides the folders into 3 piles of 8.

"So anim kayo ngayon, 4 trained Psychologists and dalawang student volunteers, pwede nating hatiin sa tatlo para matapos natin yung lahat ng 24 na darating. Ms. Maine?"

Dei stands up and decides for the group. "So for the partners, Jules, please take Trish so she can be guided.  Kim and Cai will be together, and I will take Val."

Dei continues. "We will be conducting group therapy, focusing on helping the group heal through each other's experiences. For our students, Val and Trish, just take down notes and observe for today. Marami kayong matututunan. The group therapy sessions will run simultaneously, for an hour and 15 mins. Then afterwards, each pair will have to have a short discussion regarding their session, then take a break for debriefing."

Dei distributes the folders to each pair. "Then after our break, we will pick 3 participants from each group for individual therapy session."

"During this period, Val and Trish, you may join the volunteers sa repacking ng mga donations. Kim and Cai, you can take 3 each para makausap nyo lahat ng participants ninyo. Jules and I will take 3 each for today, and let's schedule the rest in the coming weeks."

"Each therapy session will run for 45 mins at a time, then give yourselves 15 mins to write down your observations, your recommendations, and points for discussion for your next sessions."   Dei pauses to assess her team who seems motivated to start the activity.