Morning After

It was 7:00 am when Dei woke up, makeup smudged on her oily face, and her hair all over the place.

She drags her feet to the bathroom to take a shower as she tries to remember how she got home.

She gets out of the bathroom with her hair wrapped in a towel, wearing a white spaghetti strap and her favorite high cut underwear, her usual clothes when she's alone at home.

She makes her way into the kitchen to make some breakfast, not realizing that there's a man sleeping on her couch.

She turns around and sees RJ, just woken up by the smell of bacon and eggs, staring at her in her braless, pants-less glory.

"RICHARD FAULKERSON WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

She screams as she runs back to her room and slams the door.

"Dei!" He runs to the door and calls out to her.

"Sorry! Hinatid kasi kita kagabi, bulagta ka na eh!"

Dei hurriedly changes into decent clothes.

She goes out of the room in full Star Wars Pajamas, covering all her almost naked parts that RJ secretly feels blessed to see.

She stares up at his towering figure, and storms her way back to the kitchen to continue her cooking.

"Ikaw pala naghatid sa akin. Fine. Eh bakit nandito ka pa, aber?"

"Wow. Wala man lang thank you o.  Eh kung hindi kita inuwi, baka may iba nang nag uwi sayo, at baka napano ka."

Dei gives her a side look as she finishes frying the food.

"Mmm-kay. Thank you."

RJ goes around the kitchen to set the plates on the table.

"Ay aba, at home ka?"

"Naisip ko parang ang dami mo namang nilulutong bacon, mukhang di mo naman kayang ubusin yan on your own. So inaassume kong kasama ako dyan. Gutom na rin ako eh."

"For your information, darating yung kapatid ko, at may usapan kaming dito sya magbebreakfast."

"Ah. Sige. 3 plates then." RJ smiles at her and sets another plate.

Kahit bagong gising ang gwapo pa rin nitong lalakeng ito nakakainis!

Dei places the food on the table, along with the drinks.

"Nag cocoffee ka ba?" Dei asks him.

"Yes ma'am." RJ answers as he finds his place in the dining table.

Dei brings a cup of brewed coffee.

"O, wala kasing creamer at sugar dito, I take my coffee black."

"Yes, I remember. Salamat."

Dei sits across him and makes the sign of the cross and started eating.

RJ sips his coffee, and observes her.

How geeky she looks in her pajamas, and how beautiful she is in broad daylight, with messy wet hair and no makeup.

He can get used to this.

She catches him staring at her and he holds his stare, which makes her feel like her insides will turn into mush any moment now.

Trying hard not to show how much he affects her, she creases her forehead and scoffs at him.

"Bakit ka ba nakatitig?"

"Hindi ka morning person ano?" RJ chuckles.

She just looks at him then looks back down to her food to eat.

RJ continues   "Sabi mo kasi, pag sa campus, bawal kang titigan. Eh wala naman tayo sa La Salle eh. So pwede na..."

"Mr. Faulkerson, it's a Saturday. Don't you have anything better to do?"  She changes the topic as she drinks her juice.

"Do....? Well, if SHE permits me to, I'd gladly would...."

Ang lakas ng loob nitong batang to ah.

They hold each other's stares, like the whole world faded around them leaving all their cares behind and suddenly imagining all the things they could do to each other in this bright sunny morning.

Dei was startled by the sound of her doorbell which brings her wild imagination back to reality.

Saved by the bell.