Kiss from a Rose

(Author's Note : Thank you so much for reading, and for all your comments and feedback! Naappreciate ko talaga, first time fanfic writer here. Salamat, salamat. :D I shall try to update as often as possible, and hahabaan ko na rin bawat update para hindi dumami masyado chapters haha!)

______________________________________

Dei came to school focused and determined to not let whatever it is she's juggling in her personal life interfere with her work.

At least with everything that she's experiencing, she can say that her career has always been on track.

Plus Dr. Valenza giving her a pivotal role in handling the department's psychosocial responsibility is just the boost she needs to ensure another promotion.

"Good morning class." She's just right on time.

As she places her things on her table, she saw a clear container with a yellow rose.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Where did this come from? She thought.

"Class, I think someone left their... What is this.. Whose is this?" She raised the rose for everyone to see.

"Nobody's? I'll just leave it here on the side then."

On she went with the day's lessons, surprised how attentive everyone is.

She tried so hard to avoid his eyes throughout the class, stared at his forehead or ear everytime he raises his hand to participate in the class discussion.

She felt a little proud of herself, and of him, for keeping their interactions in check, and it's like they did not know each other, personally.

But why are his ears so red? She thought.

As the bell rang, she hurriedly fixed her things, ensuring that she will not be left alone in the room.

RJ slowly approaches her table, discreetly leaves a piece of paper on her table and leaves without looking back.

She took the paper, waited until the room was almost empty, and reads it.

The flower was for you, Dei. Note's inside. Good morning. Ü

She lets out a sigh, whispering to herself : Be still my heart... Stick to the plan.

She wonders how he knew she loved the color yellow. She opens the box and finds the note and reads it :

You are always on my mind, Dei. I figured yellow was your favorite color, like your bedroom walls.

♪♫ There is so much a man can tell you, so much he can say

You remain my power, my pleasure, my pain

Baby, to me, you're like a growing addiction that I can't deny

Won't you tell me, is that healthy, baby? ♪♫

I will wait for you, for as long as it takes. - RJ

Why does he know this song, it's not even from his generation? She thought.

She puts the flower in her bag and the note in her wallet.

She then goes on with the rest of the day with a spring in her step, trying to shrug off the thought of him and how he does things to her with just one note.

She is back to her department office after her classes, trying to wipe the silly grin on her face, to review all her pending tasks.

She has written her report to Dr. Valenza and just added a few details of her project before handing it in.

Student Volunteers : Ms. Valeen Samonte and Ms. Trisha Prieto - ABPSM 3rd year

She is glad that her favorite students are more than willing to take part in this project with her that will start this coming Sunday.

"The project's initial run will be for 4 Sundays starting this Sunday. Kindly submit to me your signed Parent's Consent Form on or before Thursday so I can submit it to the department chair." Dei said to her students this morning.

She knocks on Dr. Valenza's door and he asks her to come in.

"Hi Sir, just want to update you on this Sunday's project. My team's complete, and the student volunteers are onboard, I just need their consent forms and we're good to go this Sunday."

"Good Ms. Mendoza. Have a seat please."

Dei sits on one of the empty chairs across him. Dr. Valenza closes the door and sits beside her.

"Maine. I have to ask you something personal, and I am only doing so because it might affect your tenure here in La Salle..."

Dei suddenly got nervous. What is this about?

Danny continues as he sees the confused look on her face.

"I got an anonymous email, saying that you are involved with one of your students. Is this true?"

"No sir. I am not involved with a student, nor with anyone at this very moment."

"Okay. Look Ms. Mendoza, I know of faculty members who are in relationships with students, given that these students are already adults, and these professors are all single..."

"Yes sir."

"Dei... I'm calling you Dei, as a friend right now, not as your boss... I know you. I've known you for so long. I've seen you grow, and move forward from your past... But I have to ask, as a friend, and as your boss... How is your relationship with your ex-husband?"

There it was, the pink elephant in the room. Something Dei fears that will come haunting her for the rest of her life.

"Sir..."

"Dei. C'mon. It's me."

"Danny... Well, I am still in the process of annulment."

"Have you filed it already?"

"I will have to check with my mom, but yes I have undergone the process. I am done with the psych eval, and I am set to meet with him soon to ensure a smooth flow."

"Good. Good. I am just looking out for you, Dei. You know you're my favorite person. And I don't want other faculty members finding out about this. Now, about the student... Is it Mr. Faulkerson the guy with you in Malate?"

"He's just a friend, Sir."

"Okay. I just want to make sure... Look, Dei, you deserve more. You deserve something better. Someone more your league... Keep that in mind, in case you're ready to be in a relationship again."

"Thank you, Danny." Dei smiles weakly.

"So I will just ignore this email, and I will not raise it to the higher ups. Just make sure you're careful... Update me with the progress of your annulment, okay?"

"Yes sir."

"And by the way, I need to meet with you later regarding the favor I'm asking for this Friday's class. Are you available, say 6pm?"

"Yes sir, I'll make myself available."

"Okay. Meet you at Agno by 6pm, Dinner's on me."

Dei leaves his office quietly, and goes back to her cubicle.

Who would send that anonymous email?

Who else knows about this?

Dei buries her face in her hands out of frustration.

She takes out her phone to put an end to all this.

Hey, Bobby. We need to talk.

She texts her ex-husband.