That Guy

"It's a Friday. Don't do anything you will regret for the rest of your life."

Dei says to her Clinpsy class.

Most of her students are already used to this, given that this class is one of the majors.

They all chuckle.

"Miss M! Miss M!" Val comes to her

"Yes Val?"

"Ma'am, I'm looking for a thesis mentor for Thesis 1 sana. Are you... Can you be mine?"

Dei smiles at her favorite student.

"Send me your abstract then let's see."

Of course she will say yes, after all, she sees a lot of promise in Val.

But she doesn't want to make it too easy for her.

"Thanks Miss! See you next week!"

"Mmmkay." Dei smiles as Val walks out of the room.

And just before the door closes she hears Val's voice saying "Uy RJ! Ba't andito ka? May sinusundo ka noh?!"

Ang clingy nitong batang to ha.

Dei walks out of the room and as expected RJ was there waiting for her, thankfully, alone.

"Mr. Faulkerson para kang kabute ano pasulpot sulpot dyan. What are you doing here?"

"Hi Miss, napadaan lang po. Are you heading out for lunch?"

"As a matter of fact I am."

"Great! Can I join you?"

"You can, but you may not."

Ha?

"Joke lang. Sige na RJ, I have to meet a friend eh."

Dei smiles apologetically walks ahead of him.

"Uhm, sige Miss, mamaya na lang po." RJ smiles at her.

Just as he was about to turn the other way, a tall, rather good-looking man passed by him and walks straight to Dei and calls her name.

"Miss Mendoza, may I speak with you for a while?"

"Oh, hi Sir, yes of course."

Dei smiles sweetly at him.

And they both walked away together, chatting intensely, discussing something seemingly important.

Seeing her with another man just... it does things to RJ.

He just stands in the corridor, stares at them with his eyes slitting, breath huffing, as if plotting something menacing.

"Kalma, brader. Di mo jowa." Je whispers RJ's ear which startles him.

"Ay pu.... Naman Je muntik na kitang masapak eh!"

"Lika na pre. Libre na lang kitang siomai." Je says as he puts his arm on RJ's shoulders.

RJ tries to look back.

"Huwag ka nang lumingooooon, baka maging isang bloke ka ng asin dyan. Yaan mo na, ikain na lang natin yan."

Je says as he pulls RJ to leave.

"Bawi na lang ako mamaya. I'll show her why she should choose me over that... that guy."

RJ thought.