That Guy

Dei's 3-hour class flew by fast and her professor just gave their assignments for the discussion on the topic for the next class.

Dr. Valenza is a brilliant man, and she is lucky to have had him as a mentor since her masters studies, until now.

"Ms. Mendoza. Can you wait a moment?" Dr. Danny says as he shuts down his laptop.

"Yes sir."

Dei carries her bag to her shoulders and walks over to him.

"I'll be out of town by next week, and I would like to request that you guide the class for the assigned discussion."

"Sure. I'll just go read up ahead so I'll be ready."

"I know you can handle it. But I can meet with you next week so we can discuss any questions you might have, regarding the topic."

"Sige sir, I'll let you know."

Dei and Danny walk out of the room together and head downstairs towards the gates.

"So, Dei.... Friday night, where are you off to?" Danny asks

"Ah. Sa Malate lang sir, magkikita kami nila Cai and Kim." Dei smiles

"Oh... Are you driving there?"

"No sir, mag grab lang ako, coding kasi ako kanina so iniwan ko na lang yung koche ko."

"I can drive you there, doon din naman ang daan ko going home."

"Wag na sir, nakakahiya naman."

"Sige I'll just wait for you to get your grab. Mahirap na, it's 9:30pm mag isa ka lang."

Dei stays silent and pulls out her phone to book a grab.

Lowbatt.

Galing.

"Something wrong?"

"Ah. Lowbatt ako Sir, di ko napansin."

"Halika na, hatid na kita. Hindi naman out of the way."

Dei thought of just taking a jeepney, but with her wearing heels while carrying all her stuff, she knows she'll have a hard time.

"Sige sir, sure ha hindi hassle?"

"Yes, of course. No hassle. Tara, dito lang ako naka park." Danny leads the way towards the parking lot.

Head Over Feetजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें