Take Home

It was a Saturday afternoon and RJ and his thesis mates are at his condo preparing for their thesis.

Books all over the floor, half eaten party sized pizza on the table, and 3 boys arguing how they want to execute their thesis.

"Pare pag ganyan kailangan natin ng sasakyan para installan." Tuns says

"Diba nasettle na nga natin yan dati? Bakit nagbabago isip mo ngayon?" Jerald asks, trying to tone down his irritation

"Hindi naman, pero ilang buwan na tayo nag hahanap ng taong willing palagyan ng device yung sasakyan nya. Tapos di pa naman pulido yung device natin."

"Eh pano nga natin malalaman kung ano ang mali sa device kung di natin matetesting?"

Je and Tuns keep bantering while RJ slouches quietly on his beanbag.

"Huy! RJ! Tumulong ka nga, nakahilata ka na naman dyan." Jerald throws a pillow at RJ.

"Bayaan mo na muna yan, lasing pa ata yan mula kagabi eh."

"Eh paano sinunod-sunod yung shot. Ayan. Sakit ng ulo mo noh?"

"Aling ulo?" Tuns teases him.

"....Mga tantado." RJ answers.

He ignores his friends as he stares at the ceiling, reminiscing everything that happened the night before, and this morning.

They were all tipsy, and about to go home.

RJ asks Dei if he can give her a ride (no pun intended), and surprisingly, she said yes.

"Sige bye Mars. Ingat ka ha. Drink lots of fluids, and use protection." Cai whispers to Dei and winks at her.

"Gaga. Walang ganoooon." Dei says as she slurs in her speech

"You'll never knooow♪" Cai answers.

"Sige guys! Ingat ha! Dahan dahan lang!" Kim shouts out to RJ and the rest of the group.

"Pare, nice meeting you." RJ shakes Tom's hand, Kim's new boyfriend.

After saying their goodbyes, RJ and Dei walk to his car.

"Saan po kita ihahatid, Ms. Dei?"

"Cute mo noh? Hilig mo mag po." Dei answers, still obviously drunk as she leans on RJ while walking.

RJ just smirks at her.

"I like you better when you're a little less formal."

"Oookay. Sige, saan kita ihahatid? Your place, or mine?"

"Less formal but not too forward."

"Joke lang naman." RJ laughs. "Ano na lang address mo, lagay ko dito sa Waze."

"My place is near España." Dei says as she enters her details on his phone.

As RJ starts to drive, he notices that Dei has fallen asleep.

A few minutes later, they were at her place and he parks his car in one of the slots.

He takes off his seat belt and looks at Dei who's sleeping peacefully.

"Ang ganda mo pa rin kahit nakabukas ang bibig." RJ chuckles.

He tries to wake Dei up, but she squirms and falls back to sleep again.

"Ano bang gagawin ko..."

He calls up Cai to ask for help.

"Hello?"

"Hi Cai!"

"O RJ, nakauwi na ba kayo?"

"Nandito na kami sa parking lot ng condo ni Dei. Ang problema, tulog sya, hindi ko alam saan unit nya dito."

"Naku ganyan talaga yan, mantika matulog. Room 716 sya. Yung susi nyan nasa bag nya."

RJ reaches for her bag and finds her keys.

"Hoy RJ, wag mong pagsasamantalahan yang friend ko ha! Dapat with consent!"

"Hahaha oo naman Cai grabe ka sakin o! Akong bahala na dito. Salamat!"

RJ carries Dei and is surprised at how light she is, despite her dead weight. He opens her door and figures out where her bedroom is and lays her down in bed.

He removes her shoes and tucks her in.

He goes to the kitchen to get a glass of water, and he sits on her sofa.

He decides to hydrate himself first for the drive home. He then leans his head back and rests his eyes for a while, not realizing he has fallen fast asleep.