This Kiss

"Dei!" Her sister calls out, knocking on her door rapidly.

"Eto na eto na!" She shouts back.

"Excuse me RJ ha. My sister's here. You might want to finish that, baka maubusan ka. Matakaw 'to."

She heads to the door and her sister walks right past her as soon as she opens the door.

"Yel, ano na naman yang mga dala mo?"

"Eto as usual pinag grocery kita dahil ang tamad tamad mo! Malamang wala na namang laman yang re...." She stops in her tracks as she sees RJ in the dining area.

"Hello." RJ waves at her.

"Hi...."

Yel turns to Dei, "Hoy Dei di mo naman sinabi sakin na may bisita pala tayo."

"Bisita ko. Hindi mo bisita. Pero paalis na rin yan. Diba RJ?" Dei widens her eyes at him signalling him to say yes.

"Uh, ah oo. I was just about to go."

"Pinapaalis mo eh hindi pa nga ubos yung itlog nya o."

"Ano?!" Dei gives her sister a horrific look.

"Ayan o, halos di nagalaw yung itlog at bacon."

"Busog na yan, diba busog ka diba?" Dei asks RJ.

"Well actually lalo akong nagutom sa nakita ko kanina." He answers, smirking at her as he raises his eyebrows.

"........" Dei stares at him, speechless, looking like she's about to stab him with a fork any moment now.

"Sabi ko nga aalis na ako eh. Nice meeting you, Miss...?"

"Arielle. Yel na lang for short." Yel shakes his hand.

"Arielle as in the Little Mermaid? Ang cute naman." RJ says to her.

"Mermaid name pero butanding look." Dei chuckles

"Tse!" O, hatid mo na sa pinto yan at kumain na tayo!" Yel says to Dei.

Dei and RJ walks to the door, and RJ bids her goodbye.

"Salamat nga pala kagabi."

"Walang anuman. Masungit ka pala sa umaga."

Masungit pero masarap pa rin.

"Ano kamo?"

"Ha? Wala. Kako masungit ka pala sa umaga Miss. But it was nice to see you in another light."

"O sige na, I'll see you around."

"See you in campus Miss M." RJ kisses her cheek, surprised that she lets him.

"Bye." Dei closes the door and leans on it.

RJ leans on the other side, and they both smile unknowingly at the thought of each other, thinking of ways to see each other again outside the school grounds.

Dei sees that RJ left his hanky on the table, and swiftly opens the door which makes RJ fall on the floor.

"Ja--- Ay! Oh my gosh I'm sorry!" Dei tries to help him up.

"Ano ba kasi ginagawa mo dyan sa pinto. Naiwan mo yung panyo mo o. Teka ang bigat mo pala ha."

"Ako na nga nasaktan, ako pa nasermonan." RJ says as he reaches for Dei's extended arm.

RJ tries to pull himself up but takes Dei down with him on the floor, catches her body with his.

Face inches apart, he takes a whiff of her fresh intoxicating breath and forgets all his self-control.

He kisses her, and she reciprocates, slowly, quietly, as his fingers run through her damp hair, and her hand on his dimpled cheek.

"Jusko sa sahig pa talaga nag MOMOL 'tong dalawang 'to. Makakain na nga lang mag isa. Hiyang hiya naman ako o."

Yel whispers to herself as she sees the two lying on the carpeted floor making out like two honeymooners by the beach.