Too Close

All three of them joined the group and Cai goes back to her seat.

Two chairs were "coincidentally" left empty for Dei and RJ.

He pulls out one chair for Dei to sit on, and like a gentleman, he gently pushes the chair forward as she sits.

"Ay woooow ang gentleman naman!" Cai teases him.

"Hi Dei! Kamusta!" Je holds out his hand and she shakes it.

"Okay naman, kamusta kayo?"

"Ayos lang din. Pero itong si RJ, medyo hilo hilo na ata eh." Je jokes as he hits RJ's shoulder.

"Ah talaga, bakit ano nangyari?"

"Lakas ng tama eh!.... Sa pader! Ayan, hilo." Je and Tuns laugh, and RJ fakes a smile.

Dei calls out the waiter and orders her favorite, Lychee Martini.

"Kumain ka na ba?" RJ whispers to her

"Hindi pa, pero di naman ako gutom." She answers

"Iinom ka ng walang laman ang tiyan?"

"I'm okay, don't worry." Dei smiles at RJ.

"And besides, light lang naman tong Martini."

Je notices how RJ took 3 shots of tequila all at one time.

"Huy, may balak ka ba mag walwal? May problema ba?"

"Wala. Wala."

"Ano ba nangyari sa labas?"

"Hinatid sya nung lalake."

"Nino? Yung nakita natin sa hallway? Si Don Tisoy?"

"Oo. Puta sila ata."

"Sigurado ka ba?"

"Hinde."

"Bakit di mo tanungin?"

RJ did not answer.

He's been wanting to confront her since this afternoon, but he couldn't find the right moment.

"Di ako maka tyempo. Mamaya.... Mamaya tatanong ko."

The band starts playing and RJ knows he should talk to her now so nobody can hear them.

He chugs down more liquid courage as he stares at Dei who seems to be ignoring him since she got here.

He leans beside her and whispers in her ear.  "Dei..."

"Yes?"

"Kayo ba nun?"

"Ha?" Dei leans in closer to hear him better.

"Yung nag hatid sayo kanina.. KAYO BA?" RJ asked a little too loudly, and Cai hears him but chooses to ignore.

"That's none of your business RJ."  Dei smiles at him.

"Please... Uhm, curious lang ako... Please? Just answer me..." RJ stares intently in her eyes.

Dei sighs. Clingy na nga, seloso pa. Ano ba itong batang ito. Baka umiyak pa jeske.

"No, hindi kami. He's my boss. And I don't have to explain anything to you. Now stop it, and just try to have a good time." Dei whispers firmly.

RJ lets out a sigh of relief.

May chance pa ako. Yes.

"One more question... Please?"  He takes a one more shot to ask her this.

"Yes, what is it?"

"When can I kiss you again? I've been dying to since the last time I tasted you."

Dei was taken aback, but admits to herself that with his words, she felt..... something

"......Lasing ka na ba, Mr. Faulkerson?"

RJ is intoxicated, yes.

But with the scent of her hair, and the sound of her voice.

And with added Tequila shots, it was a perfect mixture of high.

"And I love the way you say my name Dei... The way you did just now... and in class... Everytime..."

Dei feels a little warm in her seat, and couldn't say anything in response to his bedroom voice whispers.

I need a drink.

Dei turns to her the waiter and asks for water.

She looks at RJ and sees a dark smug on his face, as if he's imagining doing unspeakable things to her.

RJ took another shot then slowly licks lower lip, then wipes it off with the back of his hand without taking his eyes off Dei.

He doesn't need to say it, she knows exactly what he's thinking.

And despite all efforts to control herself, she can't deny how she's affected by him taking charge, all confident and forward.

RJ stands up and asks her to dance. She takes his hand and they make their way towards the dance floor.

She never noticed how tall he was until this moment, when she has one arm on his shoulder, and his hand on her waist

♪Step back you're dancing kinda close, I feel a little pull coming through from youuuu.♫

♫And girl I know you felt it, boy you know I can't help it... You know what I waaaanna dooo yeah♪

"Tignan nyo yung dalawa o, parang may sariling mundo iniwan na lang tayo dito."

Je says as he grins with pride at his torpe friend, now all brave and confident.