f o u r t e e n.

"I got no excuses for all of these goodbyes, call me when it's over, cause I'm dying inside."
"Call me when it's over and myself has reappeared."

Dave, Tommie, Reek and Danny sat inside the hospital speechless. No one knew Aubrey's parent situation but Dave, so everyone just thought Aubrey was carefree. She was far from it.

They've been sitting inside the hospital, for what felt like years. Dave prayed to Allah, trying their hardest to hold onto Faith. Who was he to ask God to bring back someone he held dearly to his heart? The amount of bodies he had on his weapons, were too much to even look at the gates of Heaven. The family of the people he's killed probably said the same prayers.

Aubrey wasn't a bad person though, she was just going through it. She always made sure her friends were okay, and she'd give her last for anyone. The way she treated Danny, Tommie and Reek in such a short time of knowing them was what made her character better.

"Remember that time Aubrey walked into 1 Av, talking about she had presents for all of us? Walked in with a big ass chick fil a bag. We hype as hell thinking we about to eat. She pull out some gotdamn shirts with group pictures of us and nicknames on the back. Talking about it's for when we go on our group vacation... A bitch just wanted to eat." Danny started the memory circle.

"Or the time I wore them new Yeezy's and every time she seen me, she yelled out Slavery was a choice. Tried my hardest to avoid her that whole damn day." Reek laughed,

"There was one time she went a whole shift telling me I had something on my face, ya boy was confused as hell cause every time I checked, I ain't see shit, and when she clocked out she goes 'ooohhh, it's your freckles, never mind' I wanted to be mad at her so bad" She messed with Reek a lot, calling them twins because of their freckles face.

"Or her Iconic line to Dave, Tap out bitch" Tommie and Danny said in unison

"Neither of y'all will spill the tea of why it led to that" Danny shook his head, still wanting to know, but also deciding to drop it.

"She just chocked slammed me the other day. She wild, I'm glad she came into this circle real shit. She was like the addition that we needed." He sighed, wanting to do nothing more but to hug her and kiss her.

——————

"WE'RE LOSING HER!" The nurses and doctors tried their best to resuscitate her, rubbing the defibrillator  together they placed it on her chest, her body shooting up.

"Nothing." The nurse yelled out to the other. The second shock came with more power than before, and with that final one it was either a make or break. They would either lose the young girl, or she would live another day to tell her story of how she got here to the people closest to her.

"CLEAR!" The shock forced her eyes wide open, her heart racing a mile a minute. She was going to be okay. At least physically she was.

That night she slept, until the morning came and familiar voices woke her up.

Aubrey was embarrassed to be in a hospital for being suicide. She would've been happier if Dave hadn't called them there, or if he didn't run in and save her. Now she had to explain everything. Everyone turned their attention to her, waiting for someone to speak first.

"Bitch, the body is still a 10, the face is still a 10, your edges is maybe a 5 but we can work on that. I bought the toothbrush and the edge control" Danny walked over holding the pocket sized edge control.

Aubrey laughed realizing their outfit choices, and she couldn't help but to think these were the people she would've left behind.

"Y'all, this is not our group vacation! I was thinking more so in the Bahamas or Jamaica, not Mercy Hospital" The love she received was enough to tell the rest of the group her story, and what happened.

"I know everyone wants to know what happen, and part of me feels like Danny wants to know the most with his nosy ass" She forced a smile on her face

"Well, my parents were killed the day that I came to Miami... the reason I left in the first place, I didn't find out until recently. My mom and dad were my best friends. We were extremely close. Uh... as you know every night Dave and I sleep together, so these past four days he's been gone, and I've been having really bad nightmares of my parents getting shot in the head, and seeing their graves. The last dream was the same but with my name on the tombstone. I woke up from the nightmare the way I did every night, so I knew I was going to be up all night stressing about the dream, that's when I took the pills and alcohol to put me back to sleep, and hopefully not have the dream at all. Instead, I woke up dead" She looked around the room, everyone's face frowned up.

"Guys, don't do that please. I don't want pity, I just want y'all to be here to make me laugh, not cry. I need people to be strong for me, because right now I can't be strong for myself." Tommie and Danny hugged her tight.

"DanBreTom can't break up girly, we need you here. We can't be DanTom again, you are Chill on the group, not Left Eye." Danny playfully hit Tommie's arm.

"Get out of my room" she laughed, looking over at Reek.

"Ay, Reek. You got something on your face" she laughed, he stuck up his middle finger.

"Nah, I'm glad you good twin. You make us happy, and you def make my boy happy. We need you here. No more party favors, aight?" Aubrey nodded her head, looking at Dave.

"Guys can I talk to East for a second please?" The room cleared out, and she was ready for the conversation to come.

"Please don't be mad at me, I was just at the weakest point in my life, I've never been here before and I don't know how to control it. I don't know how to make myself okay. I want to be though, I really do — but I want more is to talk to them again... I want to call my mom, and tell her about this guy I really like, and for her to tease me about it. For my Dad to cuss me out, and tell me I'm too young to have a boyfriend. I want to formally bring you home to my parents, let my dad threaten you. I want it all, but I can't."

Dave looked down at her, placing a kiss on her lips. ".I'm going to be here with you every day until they let you go home, and then I'm going to trap you" He laughed, pushing Aubrey's hair out of her face.

Was this love?

Monica: Hey babe, can you come over tonight or you busy? 🤤

EL OH EL, JK GUYS. THERES NO MONICA.