T w e n t y - s e v e n ( 1.5)

Just a chapter because I'm bored.
Not a regular chapter.

Dave laid in the King Size bed of his hotel room, scrolling through pictures and videos of him and Aubrey, man even resorted to playing Trey Songz

Dave laid in the King Size bed of his hotel room, scrolling through pictures and videos of him and Aubrey, man even resorted to playing Trey Songz. His thumb slid the pictures examining them closely. He smiled at the effortless beauty of his wife.  The way her freckles splattered her face, and the way her smile curved.

The way her pupils dilated when she looked at the man in front of her, the man she used to know. Pressing play on his favorite video of her, he laughed.

"Babe, Stop. A nigga just tryna eat her pizza in peace" Aubrey picked the cup up from her 8 month belly, letting the pizza take it's place. Grease getting on the oversized white Tee.

"Who said your belly was only for holding babies? It's a cup and pizza holder too." She grinned at the camera. Dave found his way to Instagram to post it.

"I'm so lonely now that you left me, If I could run away you know I would. I'm hurting cause, girl I never loved you like I should"

Dave laud his phone beside him, closing his eyes shut. He had fucked up big time. This time  it was deeper than him throwing emotional slurs. That was something Aubrey would sweep under the rug.

"And Now I see, the man you need, When I look into the mirror I see change, and I close my eyes and wish you could see the same, but it's too late."

The tears seemed to find a way down his cheek, the thought of him losing his wife and family only hurt his soul. This pain was coming from his heart. Worse than any scar he could ever receive.

This pain wasn't like the rest, it couldn't be healed. He was really in this position in his life. Aubrey had changed him for the better, but no matter how much he loved her, and no matter how much he grew he was still East. The man that spoke up before he thought.

The last time Dave felt hurt like this was when he learned to accept that his father didn't want him. His father was somewhere out there living his life, and chose not to teach Dave to be a man.

Maybe that's why he couldn't love Aubrey the way he wanted to, he didn't know how.

bullshit.

That wasn't an excuse, and he knew Aubrey wouldn't have accepted that either. He just had to work for the woman he loved.

Wife: Baby, I miss you, and I love you I just need you to remember that Aubs.

Wife: I don't want to live life without you. I'm sorry, I'm sorry for the hurtful things I say. You don't deserve that, and I don't deserve you.