prologue

The wind was howling.

The sky was crying.

The trees were dancing.

The world was very loud that day.

And becuase of this Jin could barely hear Jimin's words. The swift snap of a branch breaking startled him. And slowly his eyes unwilling drifted away from Namjoon's muscular back.

He focused on Jimin's words and after listening to parts of the conversation he realized that Jimin was talking about how he had surprised his mother for her birthday.

Yet he couldn't keep listening, all that Jimin would get that day as a reply would be "mhm" or a "that's great" or just a simple "ok."

Jin's eyes happily flickered back to Namjoon. He was gorgeous, he thought. The way the muscles of his back moved as he walked. The way the muscles of his arms bulged as he talked to Yoongi using his whole body.

"Are you listening" Jimin asked, repeatedly tapping Jin's shoulder to bring his attention back to him. Jimin knew he wasn't listening, he could tell in the way Jin's eyes lit up as they fell on Namjoon.

He could tell because of the dreamy look that had filled Jin's face. Jin was not listening to a single word he was saying. Jin was instead ogling Namjoon. His eyes dancing across Namjoon's body.

Jimin sighed in frustration, Jin was one of his best friends and he was starting to get sick and tired of Jin only caring about Namjoon. It was as if nothing in this world mattered to Jin, nothing expect Namjoon of course. Jin smiled slightly at him, and answered "Of course I'm listening to you Jimin!"

"Then please do tell me what I was talking about" Jimin asked one eyebrow raised, just knowing he was about to be let down. Jin could never quite stray his eyes or mind far away enough from Namjoon to actually focus on what was going on.

Eyes still focused on Namjoon's board back, Jin smiled smugly. "Oh, you were just talking about how you surprised your mother for her birthday" he exclaimed happily.

Jimin laughed "It was my father's birthday silly."

Jin's face turned a bright shade of red as he let out a little "Oh" in embarrassment. Then not giving Jimin a second thought, his eyes immediately drifted back onto Namjoon.

Jimin was fucking sick of this. "Namjoon" he yelled startling Jin and taking Namjoon's attention away from Yoongi to him.

Namjoon walked over to them, eyes alight with something sweet. Flashing Jin an even softer look, he draped his arm around the boy. Pulling Jin's body unconsciously closer to his, he smirked at them.

Jin could not breathe. Why did Joon always do this to him. It was always like this. At interviews, during performing, during practice.

Namjoon would somehow always end up next to him and his arm would find someway to touch him. It was getting hard to breathe for Jin. It was impossible not to be affected by Namjoon.

What was it with Namjoon, that Jin no matter how much he tried couldn't look away from? He was mesmerizing, and he made Jin feel things that he had no right feeling. After all they were just friends.

"Yes Jimin?" he asked his arm still draped around Jin, a loose smirk on his face, one of his dimples were prominent against his cheeks. He looked cute Jin thought.

"Any clue where Jungkook is?" Jimin asked a soft smile on his face at he questioned Namjoon.

"With Taehyung" Namjoon replied his eyes drifiting up to the sky "we should go back to the hotel, it's starting to pour."

"But, I love the rain" Jin mummered trying to breathe he wished Namjoon would let go of his arm. Well he didn't, he wished Namjoon would hold him forever.

But he knew he shouldn't wish such things.

"Jin I don't want you to get a cold" Namjoon said softly his arm falling from Jin's shoulder.

Jin tried not to frown as Namjoon let go of him. Nodding, he smiled a bit. At least Namjoon cared for him, even if it was in a platonic way. At least Namjoon cared, that's all Jin needed. Most importantly that's all Jin would ever have.

"Plus I have to go meet Lee Ji-hye soon. I want to get to the hotel early so I can look my best for her. She deserves the best." Namjoon mummered lovestruck.

And like usual with mere words, Namjoon instantly crushed Jin's heart. Jin just smiled though, he was used to it. Namjoon had a way to make him smile brighter than the sun, make him shine. But still dampen his glow in a few seconds. Namjoon always broke Jin's heart, tiny piece by piece. It was nothing new, Jin lived with it. He was just one mere person existing but barely there, emotionless.

Like always.

~~~~

Let's clear some things first, BTS are famous, and Lee Ji-hye is a original character so please ignore whoever comes up when you search that name. I think it's a singer, but she's like 40 so please ignore that. That is not her, she's the same age as namjoon! Imagine her however you please!

Other than that thank you for reading <3 hope you enjoyed!!!