•triple date•

"ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ɪ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʙᴏᴛʜ ᴍʏ ʜᴀɴᴅs ᴛɪᴇᴅ ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ᴍʏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇᴅ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴀɪɴ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ'ᴍ ᴛɪᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴀᴄᴋ"

~ᴄʜᴀʀʟɪᴇ ᴘᴜᴛʜ 'ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀᴏᴜsʟʏ'

Tyler and I were walking through the hallway and stopped as we saw Stefan, Elena, Matt, and Caroline talking by the lockers.

"You mean like a double date?" Stefan asked.

"Let's make it a triple." I said with cheer causing Elena to chuckle.

"Three pairs out on a Friday night. A triple date." Caroline said.

"Do you think that's a good idea?" Elena asked looking at Stefan.

"Why not? We all haven't gone out together before." Tyler said and Caroline nodded.

"And I don't want it to be uncomfortable for us. Look the couple dynamics have changed and there's been a little awkwardness between you, Matt, and me and I just think it's important that we get over it." Caroline said and I raised a brow.

"I don't know." Elena said looking to Stefan again.

"I think that sounds like a great idea." Stefan said surprising me.

"You do?" Elena and I said in sync.

"Yeah. A nice evening out with friends. Sounds fun, as in "fun"." Stefan said and I chuckled.

"A triple date it is." Elena said and my eyes widened.

"Ok. So, we will see you tonight." Caroline said before walking away with Matt.

"I was being sarcastic, in no way is this a good idea." I said and Stefan chuckled.

"Come on Al give it a chance." Tyler said putting his arm over my shoulder.

"Think fun." Stefan said and I looked to Elena.

"You sure?" I asked her and she sighed.

"It can't be that bad." She said as the four of us started walking down the hallway.

"It's Caroline we're talking about." I said and Elena sighed.

•••🖤•••
At the Grill the six of us sat at a table having dinner.

"So, Matt, How do you like working here?" Elena asked.

"It's not that bad. Wait staff is pretty good and they can't keep a bartender to save their lives." Matt said and I smiled.

"He got Mikey a job." I said sending him a smile.

"Yeah I actually put my mom up for a job too." He said and Elena's face grew soft.

"How has that been? Having Kelly back?" Elena asked him.

"You know, same old Kelly. She's trying, sort of." Matt said with a sigh.

"Kelly and my mom were best friends growing up. That's how Matt and I first met, we shared a crib together." Elena said and Matt chuckled.

"You're kidding?" Stefan said.

"Don't forget Alli's dad was also in the mix, the three of us have known each other our whole lives." Matt said causing him and Elena to glance at each other causing Caroline to sigh.