•pain of the past•

"ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴅʀɪɴᴋ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴅʀᴜɴᴋ ɪ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ғᴜɴᴋ ɪғ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ɪ'ʟʟ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴡʀᴏɴɢs ɴᴏᴡ, ɪ'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sᴛᴀʏ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴢᴏɴᴇ ɪ'ᴍ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴏғ ᴘɪᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʙᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ ʙᴏᴛʜᴇʀᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ғɪɢʜᴛ ɪᴛ ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ, ɴᴏ"

~ᴢᴀʏɴ 'ʙᴇғᴏᴜʀ'

I walked into the mansion to hear Klaus and Kol discussing Jermey's hunter mark. Kol argued more on how raising Silas would be worse than Klaus having to live without hybrids. 

"I do not care what more you have to say Kol. If you do not wish to have a part in this than I will not force you." Klaus said and I peaked into the room seeing Kol throw his hands up. 

"If you're involved then she is to follow, and I cannot let her stand alone!" Kol exclaimed at his brother. He didn't want Allison anywhere near Silas or the cure. 

"Relax, brother. I have a deal in place with Damon, we both agreed to not involve your little girlfriend. The cure has nothing to do with her, as it is for Elena, and seeing Elena isn't her biggest fan vice versa you have nothing to worry about." Klaus explained and I watched Kol relax. 

"And what about you brother? What are you going to do when Silas seeks revenge for waking him?" Kol asked and to that he smirked. 

"I'll kill him." Klaus smirked as he looked over Kol's shoulder seeing me at the door. 

"Allison, love. Care to join me this afternoon?" Klaus asked with a smirk while Kol rolled his eyes. 

"Sure. Sounds like fun." 

•••

Klaus had brought us to some lounge where we met Jermey and Damon. I guess keeping me out of it didn't count until they had the map. 

Klaus had turned everyone in the lounge and expected him to kill them all to complete the mark, and Jer argued it. 

"Screw you. You said I wouldn't have to kill any innocent people." Jermey yelled at Klaus. 

"Jeremy, they're not people." Damon said and I couldn't help but step in. 

"I'd expect this from Klaus, but Damon how is Elena okay with you forcing Jeremy into this?"

"She needs the cure." He said and I scoffed.

"Oh, I forgot it's always what Elena wants and screw whoever gets hurt in the crossfire."

"Just give him a minute." I said and Damon just walked off annoyed. Kol and Klaus stayed near by bickering at a lower volume.

"I didn't think you cared." Jermey said and I looked past him at Kol who was paying us no mind.

"I know what it's like to have no choice but to hunt. It makes you heartless." I said and went to walk away but he stopped me.

"Do you regret it now? Saving Damon?" Jer asked and he didn't mean it in a bitter way, he was honestly curious.

"No, but if I was given the same choice now I wouldn't take it." I said and he tilted his head a bit.

"Why?"

"Because I know what it's like to really love and be loved by someone and you and I, Damon and I, we never had that, because it's always going to be Elena first." I said with a small smile I went to walk away again but he said something I couldn't ignore.