•la mére•

"ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ ᴀsʜᴀᴍᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴄʀʏ ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪ'ᴠᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ sɪᴅᴇ ᴛᴏᴏ"

~ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴇɴᴅᴇʀs 'ɪ'ʟʟ sᴛᴀɴᴅ ʙʏ ʏᴏᴜ'

"You sure you wanna be here? I mean we can ditch and grab some breakfast at the Grill?" I asked Jermey as we walked down the hall of the school.

"It's fine Al, and if I didn't go to school than I wouldn't be able to ask you a very important question." He said and I smiled.

"And what's that?" I asked leaning against the locker beside his as he put his combo in.

"Well the carnival's tonight and uh." He said but stopped as I chuckled.

"I'd love to go." I said and a smile light up his face.

"Great. Great. I was thinking." He went to say but was cut off by Stefan walking over.

"I'll let you talk." I said with an awkward sigh before going to leave.

"Alli." Stefan said and I turned back around.

"I'm not mad Stefan, I'm hurt. I thought me and him were friends." I said with a sad frown.

"I'm so sorry." Stefan said but he didn't need to. This wasn't about him, it was between Damon and me.

"I'll see you later Jer." I said lightly touching his arm before walking into Alaric's classroom.

At Elena's locker stood Bonnie and Elena who watched Alli and Jermey until Stefan walked over.

"What's going on there?" Bonnie asked and Elena smiled slightly.

"She hasn't really left his side since he tried to turn and now after what happened with Damon. You should've seen the look in her eyes Bon." Elena said watching Alli who walked into Alaric's classroom.

"You think they're like-together?" Bonnie asked as they watched Jermey's eyes follow her as Stefan talked to him.

"I don't know but I know he loves her and now I kinda think she loves him too." Elena said with a small smile. She wanted nothing more than for her brother to be happy and she was thrilled that he found it with a girl like Alli.

Inside Alaric's classroom him and I weren't having a fun chat.

"So you're mom called. She said you've been acting weird." Alaric said leaning against his desk as I sat in one in the front.

"I'm fine she's just being controlling, she doesn't like me taking control of my life and making my own decisions." I said and he sighed.

"Al, that's not fair she's still your mom." He said and I scoffed.

"And look what she did to me uncle Ric. Look what she turned me into." I said and he just looked down. He didn't know she felt this way about herself.

"Do you know how it feels to see someone you love look at you like you're some kind of monster. It feels like someone's stabbing me over and over again." I said with pain flashing in my eyes cause intense pain for Ric.

"And I have dreams everything starts out great, I'm at school everything's normal and then the hurricane hits and all my biggest fears come alive. Mikey is in my shoes and I have to watch him go through the things I feel and that kills me because no one should feel this way. They ruined me." I said as a few tears weld up in my eyes as Alaric stood up and wrapped me in a hug.

He hoped that this was all stress, she didn't mean it. But he knew she did. This was a lot for a teenager to handle and even though when she did kill they were vampires.