•bad birthday's•

"'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ʜᴜʀᴛs, ʙᴜᴛ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛs ᴋɪʟʟ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴ' ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪᴛ sᴛɪʟʟ, sᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴇʀᴇ, ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴍᴜsᴛ ʙᴇ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ʀᴇᴀʟ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴅɪᴇ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ, ʙᴜᴛ sᴏ ᴅɪᴅ ᴛʜɪs ᴀɴᴅ sᴏ ɪᴛ ᴍᴜsᴛ ʙᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ɪᴛ ɪs ɢɪᴍᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴇʏᴇs, ɪᴛ's ᴇᴀsʏ ᴛᴏ ғᴏʀɢɪᴠᴇ"

~ʜᴀsʟᴇʏ 'ʜᴏᴘᴇʟᴇss'

I woke up with a massive headache and rolled over to see I had slept in and missed half of the school day. I pulled myself out of bed and walked down the steps into the kitchen. My dad just sat at the counter on his laptop. He looked up and watched how I went to the cabinet and pulled out the aspirin bottle before dryly swallowing.

"You must've had an eventful night." He said taking another sip of his coffee while I just ignored him.

"I had to have been if Liz's daughter brought you home." He said and I finally turned to fave him.

"Caroline?" I asked with wide eyes. It was more of an exclamation than a question since Liz only had one daughter.

"She said she heard what happened at homecoming and wanted to check on you so she called Mathew and he said you were drunk half asleep at the Mystic Grill. Care to explain what happened at Homecoming?" He said and I just rolled my eyes as I poured a cup of black coffee.

"I broke up with Jermey." I said and he scoffed.

"Are you forgetting to mention that Mikael ripped your neck open or did you think I wouldn't notice because you used Klaus' blood to heal it." He said and I turned to face him with a brow raised. How in the hell did he know that? Must've been Alaric.

"I didn't want you to worry. I had it handled." I said and he sighed.

"I need to know these things Allison. You can't be the only one out there fighting." He said and I shook my head.

"I'm not fighting. This was apart of their plan to kill Klaus, a plan that I didn't know about. You have nothing to worry about because as long as he's here he's not going to let anyone kill me because apparently I have some sort of soulmate on his way to claim me and I kind of have to be alive for that." I said rambling all at once causing Chris' eyes to widen. He closed his computer and stood up alarmed.

"You. A soulmate? How come I'm just hearing about this now?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I found out last night. Klaus won't tell me who it is until I help him find his family. All I know is he's coming." I said and he sat back down opening his computer and began searching for soulmates through our bestiaries.

"This could be very dangerous. The last ancestor of ours to have a soulmate was-" He was saying and my eyes widened.

"Marie Jeanne." I said and his expression matched mine.

"I'm so stupid. How did I not see this." He said opening the images of old family journals.

"It was Elijah. She was mated to an original." I said and he looked to me with a nervous look.

"That's how Klaus knows because he's watched it happen before. That could mean he's already here, you could have already met him." He said and I glanced around the room in thought. He could have been there the entire time and I wouldn't even know.

"This is too crazy. Maybe he's lying." I said and Chris just looked at me uneasy. He would be the last person to trust Klaus but there's too many similarities between her and Marie Jeanne.