•originals•

"ᴀʀᴇɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴ', ᴀɴ ᴏʀɪɢɪɴᴀʟ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ ᴅᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇᴍ ᴍᴇʀᴇʟʏ ᴀ sᴀᴍᴘʟᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇʟᴘ ʙᴜᴛ sᴛᴀʀᴇ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪ sᴇᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ sᴏᴍᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs"

~ ᴊᴜsᴛɪɴ ᴛɪᴍʙᴇʀʟᴀᴋᴇ 'ᴍɪʀʀᴏʀs'

I woke up to a quiet house, well that's what I thought. I went downstairs to see Elena snooping around.

"What are you doing here? Everyone's asleep." I said startling her.

"What are you doing here? In yesterdays clothes?" She asked acusingly. We haven't been as close lately, so I'll excuse that she doesn't know I don't like being at that house.

"Damon didn't feel like driving me home so I stayed in a room." I said and she nodded as I stared waiting for her reasoning.

"Okay, I know this may sound crazy but I want to undagger Elijah. He's the only one that's a match for Klaus and I trusted him." Elena said and I remained emotionless while I thought about it. Last night Klaus himself said Elijah was a good man and he would cause me no harm. He was also kind to me.

"Okay but we need to set some rules. I will remove the dagger and if he in anyway refuses to help or threatens your safety it'll go right back in." I said and she just nodded.

With a sigh I walked down the steps to where Elijah was lying on the floor with the dagger in his chest. "Grab a blood bag from that freezer." I said and Elena grabbed it.

I pulled it up and as I was hovering over him. His eyes flew open and he gasped.

"Elijah." I said and his eyes just widened.

"Marie." He said in shock.

"No Elijah, it's Allison." I said and he just looked even more shocked.

"Oh my god." Elijah said and in any other situation I would be making a joke about how funny that sounded coming from his proper mouth.

He closes his eyes. I got closer but his body spasms. He gets up and is gasping for air.

"I can't-I can't breathe! What's happening to me?"He said as he rushes over near the door but slams into the doorway. I hurried over to help him up.

" I can't...I can't be in this house." Elijah said in a panic.

"The house is in my name. You're not invited in." Elena said and my eyes widened at Elijah.

"Get me out of here." He said and slams into another wall and disappears.

We ran after him and went to the front door. Elijah is crouching outside. He gets up and rushes at us to enter but freezes at the threshold, unable to enter.

"What happened?" Elijah asked and Elena shushed him and pointed to her ears.

"I'll tell you. Not here. Can we trust you?" She whispered and he glanced at me before looking back to Elena.

"Can I trust you?" He whispered back. She had the dagger that I had left on the floor in her hand and gave it to him. I should've known she wouldn't have listened.

The three of us got into Elena's car and she drove far enough before pulling over.

"You look better." Elena said as Elijah drank a blood bag.

"Where did you get the dagger?" He asked.

We'll tell you everything. But we have to work together, Elijah. We need your word." Elena said and I felt him glance at me through the mirror. When I didn't meet his eye he spoke.