•new hunter•

"ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ʜᴜʀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪ ʜᴜʀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴜᴛ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪ ᴅᴏ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ's ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴅᴀʀʟɪɴɢ, ɪ ᴀᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ"

~ᴇᴅ sʜᴇᴇʀᴀɴ 'ʜᴀᴘᴘɪᴇʀ'

I walked into the Lockwood Mansion walking way quicker than normally when I was stopped by two huge men. "And where do you think you're going little lady?" One asked as he grabbed onto my arm. I couldn't help but laugh.

"If you don't get your bear claw off of me I will rip it off and shove it so far up your-" Before I could finish Tyler walked in.

"Dude, get off her!" Tyler said walking over. "Who the hell are you two?" He questioned as I ripped my arm from his grasp.

"Tyler, it's okay. They're here for your protection." Carole said walking in sending me a friendly smile. "More deputies?" He questioned and I shook my head.
"They wouldn't be this stupid." I spat looking at the biggest one who just smirked.

"Not exactly." Klaus said entering the room with yet another hybrid.

"They're hybrids." Tyler said and I rolled my eyes. "What gave it away?" I asked him and he shrugged it off. 

"I was halfway to Chicago when I heard my sister was shot at and you were attacked. I had hoped to leave Mystic Falls for good, but duty calls." Klaus said and I smiled a bit at the sister part.

"Nice to know you care." Tyler said and I laughed. 

"For you, I don't. I should have killed you for the little stunt you and your friends pulled. Stopping my heart, leaving me in a coffin to rot." Klaus said and Tyler scoffed. 

"Yeah, well you used my body as an escape hatch. So, maybe we're even." Tyler said and Klaus smirked. 

"Not even close. But, you hybrids are a dying breed. I can't make more of you, and I won't have anyone taking liberties with the ones I have left." Klaus said going to walk off and I went to follow him.

We walked into Tyler's father's old office and I shut the door behind us. "So this is how it's going to be? I have to get shot at to see you?" I asked as he leaned on the desk and looked at me.

"No, you could've just called." He said slightly amused. It was nice to know she missed him.

"I could've called? You could've not left or maybe told me where you were going." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"Kol knew where I was. Just say you missed me, love." Klaus said and I laughed lightly.

"You almost died Nik, I actually did die. I just thought all of us would be together for a while." I said and he frowned a bit. He knew she only felt this way because of how many times his brother, Elijah would just disappear.

"All of us, not matter where we are, what we are doing, we are always a phone call away for you, even Elijah." He said and I nodded slightly not really believing him.

"I'm late for school. Will you be here when I get out?" I asked and he nodded.

"Of course, love." Klaus said, seeing a difference in her. She was no longer so cold and emotionless like a typical Argent. You could see the fear of abandonment in her eyes, and Klaus cursed himself for ever leaving her in the first place.

•••

My first period class would've been Alaric if he were still here. It shouldn't of bothered me as much as it did, we were Argent's and death was common. I stopped at the door of his classroom and saw that they hadn't taken his name plate down. It instantly brought tears to my eyes, and I couldn't control it.