•his inocence•

"ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ ɪ'ᴍ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʟᴇss ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ ɪ'ᴍ ᴄᴏʟᴅ ɪ'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛɪɴɢ ᴍʏ ɪɴᴏᴄᴇɴᴄᴇ ɪ'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛɪɴɢ ᴍʏ ʏᴏᴜᴛʜ"

~sᴀᴍ sᴍɪᴛʜ 'ᴛᴏᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴀᴛ ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇs'

Early the next morning Stefan called me over to the Boarding House he said it was urgent but when I got there he wasn't even home.

"Where's Stefan?" I asked when Damon opened the door and I walked past him.

"He's out." Damon said closing the front door and following me into the study.

"So what was so urgent?" I asked and Damon shrugged picking up Emily's grimoire as Stefan walked into the room.

"Anna took Elena." Stefan said entering the study.

"Yeah, I got that from your 600 voice mails." Damon said as Stefan waked closer.

"Damon, all night long, every single street in town, I've been searching. What if your blood hasn't passed out of her system?" Stefan said annoyed that his brother wasn't showing much worry.

"Well, then at least you know you'll see her again." Damon said and I just rolled eyes eyes.

"Please. What do you know? You were with Anna, you must know where's she living. Just tell me where I can find her." Stefan began to beg and I felt like I was interfering on a brother fight.

"Nope. You can go. Really." Damon said and I took this as an opportunity to leave.

I went to the Grill and saw Jermey sitting at a table doing homework so I decided to join him.

"Wow Jermey Gilbert doing homework. Is this real?" I said with a chuckled sitting across from him.

"Ha. Ha." He said sarcastically.

"So what class finally broke your 'I don't do homework' lifestyle?" I asked looking at the papers in front of him.

"History actually. Your uncle's been helping me boost my grade with extra credit." Jermey said and I smiled slightly.

Tyler and Matt were playing pool beside us and talking about Duke's party and whatever they must of said caused Jermey to scoff.

"What's the problem, Gilbert?" Tyler said looking over.

"Don't have one, Lockwood." Jermey said looking back to his paper.

"Yeah, I didn't think so." Tyler said and I rolled my eyes.

"Do you ever get bored of it?" Matt said to him and I chuckled.

"Of what?" Tyler said cluelessly.

"Yourself." Matt said walking off causing Jermey to laugh.

"Keep laughing, buddy." Tyler said to Jermey before looking to me.

"You coming to Duke's party?" Tyler asked me and I just rolled my eyes before looking at him.

"Yeah I don't think cheap beer with Duke is how I want to spend my night." I said and he looked confused before getting I said no and walking away.

"So how are planning on spending your night?" Jermey asked but was cut off by Caroline walking over.

"Hey, Jeremy. Where is Elena? I've been texting her and Bonnie all day about Duke's party. You too Alli." Caroline said and I looked at my phone and the bunch of messages she sent to me.