Chapter 20

Chapter 20: Amber’s POV

                I thought the day was just fine till I got a call. I was working on some school work and then my phone rings. I frowned and looked at the caller ID. Nothing there, just a row of numbers with a California area code. I answered and put the phone to my ear. “Hello is this Amber Mora?” A woman asked, I could hear her typing on a keyboard and tons of ruckus in the background.

                “Yes this is she.” I said, sitting up.

                “Hi I’m Doctor Janet Springs I am truly sorry for you to hear they your mother, Mary Mora has passed away. I am so sorry for your loss.” She said sadly. I felt a mix of emotions in my body, I felt my eyes watering and stinging.

                “I-I…. How did she die?” I asked covering my mouth, letting now screams of sadness escape me.

                “Suicide. There is a suicide note with you and your brother, Christian, names in it. There is gun powder residue on her hands and her body position and blood splatter is equal to a suicide.” She explained.

                “Should I come into the hospital with my brother?” I said, letting out silent sobs that choked out in between words.

                “Yes, we need some information from you about her life and things like that. We’re having your father come in as well.” She told me and I shook my head.

                “No you don’t need my father to come in. He is mute he doesn’t talk and doesn’t care about our mother anymore. It would a waste of your time miss.” I said angrily at the thought of my father.

                “Alright, come in when you can.” She told me.

                “Thank you for informing me.” I told her. “Bye.” I said softly.

                “Bye.” And I hung up. I set my phone down and breathed in and out with sadness, trying to hold in tears but I couldn’t do it. I squeezed my eyes shut and held my knees close to me, burying my face into my legs letting all the tears fall. My mother’s dead… I haven’t seen her in such a long time… 16 years! Now she’s gone, dead, she probably doesn’t know how much I really loved her.

                I sat up and inhaled, trying to calm myself but it only made it worse, I cried and I couldn’t force myself to stop, it was like my tears were controlling me.

                I sat up and I wiped my eyes on my hoodie, my makeup practically destroyed. But I didn’t care. That’s something that could come back, something I could fix. My mother’s death wasn’t something I could fix nor something that could come back.

                I was in the back area of the bus and I got up, opening the door and went to go find my brother. I first checked his bunk and I knocked on the wall. I heard a click and the curtain moved. Now I had to tell someone and I felt the teas stream down again. I covered my mouth as he looked at me. “He Amber- Hey what’s wrong?” He asked, suddenly worried about me. He got out of his bunk and knelt down beside me. “Hey don’t cry.” He told me and I shook my head as I went into his arms and I sobbed into his chest.

                I looked up, wiping my eyes again and I finally opened my mouth to say what had caused the tears. “Mom shot herself… she’s dead.” I choked out as I looked into his eyes. I soon saw his eyes change. No longer worry but now sadness himself. I saw a tear slide down his cheek.

                “N-No s-she can’t be…” He said, tears falling rapidly. I soon couldn’t talk, I returned to the hug and I squeezed him tight as I kept crying over and over, staining his shirt with black makeup. Soon I could feel him shaking from crying and I could hear him as he cried into my shoulder.

                “Mommy!” I screamed into his chest. “No… come back. PLEASE!” I begged. Soon I heard the tour bus door open. We were still in the bunk hallway, we didn’t bother to tone down our crying, our mother is dead and our grieving can’t be tamed.

                I heard 4 pairs of feet stopping, and 4 pairs of eyes staring at us. I heard them run over and knell down beside us. “Hey what’s wrong?” Jinxx asked with worry. I couldn’t say anything because when I opened my mouth I just coughed out a cry. My brother finally spoke up. “Our mom killed herself, Amber got a call from the hospital…” He said, I could feel his tears hitting my shoulder.

**** 2 Day’s Later ****

                We cancelled the rest of the Europe tour so CC and I could grieve and go to the funeral, talk to police about why our mother would try to kill herself. T was so painful to be asked the same question over and over.

                But today was funeral day. CC and I helped out with the funeral planning but it was so hard, putting together photo slide shows of my mother, pictures of her I had never seen before. I had only know her from 2 years but that wasn’t to say that I didn’t love her. She gave birth to me and that’s something you could never forget about your mother.

                For the funeral I curled my hair, tied it in a ponytail with a black hair band with a bow on it. I slipped on an appropriate length black dress, black detailed tights, and a locket that I had been given by her when I was a little baby. I found it one day in my father’s room and inside the locket was a small folded up note for me.

                I put on a set of earrings and I grabbed a black overcoat. I pulled out a nicer purse and I placed my important items I would only need for today in there and I was done with my outfit. (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=128878559) I put on some black eye liner and winged it out but nothing too crazy, I put on some light pink lip stick and I was done.

                My brother was in a black suit with a black tie and some black dress shoes. I tried to force a smile but it was too painful. My brother outstretched a hand which I took as we walked to his car. He helped me in the passenger’s seat and I nodded a polite thank you as he got on the other side.

                “Did you wear waterproof makeup?” He asked and I nodded. He started up the car as I started to think about my speech about how much I loved my mother. I think mine was going to be a bit interesting.