Chapter 27

Chapter 27: CC’s POV

                Oh how I adore Amber’s pregnancy mood swings.

                So this morning Amber was in a bitchy mood. Then a happy one. Then a depressed one. Then an neutral one. I was practically dying by my happy mood. I wasn’t mad at her sense I knew she couldn’t control her hormones.

                She came downstairs this morning in a bitchy mood. She was in a sweater so she could hide her bump so she looked a bit thinner. She also wore some comfortable pants and shoes. I was in the kitchen when she came down and I knew immediately she was in one of her moods and I wanted to get some laughs out of it. “So has your morning been?” I asked, trying to hold away my smile of laughter.

                “Horrible.” She spat. I turned away so I could get a breath in without showing my dying face.

                “How?” I asked after gathering myself together.

                “Does it really matter?” She looked at me. I had a nice cheesy grin. Then her perspective changed.

                “So has it gotten better?” I asked.

                “Well I learned to deal with it and put on a happy smile!” She chirped. Jinxx walked downstairs and could see what I was doing and decided to join in. “I don’t want to have my problems on my mind all day ya know?” She explained and Jinxx and I nodded.

                “You sounded really angry.” Jinxx said.

                “I’m so sorry about that! Sometimes my mouth comes first.” She said apologetically.

                “It’s alright.” I smiled.

                “Although sometimes I wish I didn’t have to deal with this stuff…” She moped. Yes another mood swing! I smiled at Jinxx and he smiled back.

                “Awe what’s wrong Strawberry?” Jinxx asked her.

                “I feel like I can’t do anything right!” She cried.

                “Awe don’t worry Amber.” I told her, walking over and giving her a small hug.

                “CC I feel better now.” She said. “What’s for breakfast?” She asked. Jake and Ashley joined us a bit later and their faces were turning red from holding back so much laughter. Poor Amber but we had to play around with her. It’s not everyday Amber has mood swings.

                “I don’t know…” Ashley shrugged.

                “Okay.” She shrugged back and went upstairs. When I heard her reach the top we all fell to the floor in hysterics. I swear it’s the funniest thing to do to Amber now. Soon Andy walked in and he frowned at our teary eyed faces of uncontrollable laughter.

                “Um what’s up?” Andy asked, a bit creeped out by us.

                “Amber.” Jake said before returning to his laughing fits.

                “What happened?” Andy asked, curious about his girlfriend. Soon Jinxx grasped a breath.

                “She was on her mood swings today and we were messing with her.” He grinned. Then Andy put on a devilish grin.

                “Maybe I’ll toy around with her later.” He smiled widely.

                “I would- it’s literally better than going to comedy club.” I said.

                “Pregnant lady mood swings are the best though.” Jake said as he got up from the floor.

                “Hey how’s your back Jake?” Jinxx asked.

                “Black and Blue.” He glared at me at the end and I just put my hands up in surrender.

                “Anyways.” Andy coughed. “I was going to take Amber baby shopping today.” He smiled.

                “I would wait till the afternoon.” Ashley said. “She’s going to get bitchy.” He grinned.

                “Just bring someone along instead.” Jake shrugged.

                “CC.” Andy pointed at me. I gave him a confused look and he sighed. “You’re coming with us.” He told me and I groaned. “It’ll be fun. You can find her a pillow that says ‘Best Uncle!’” Andy said and I grinned.

                “Fine.” I smiled at him. Andy walked back upstairs to get Amber so we could go to the baby stores.

Amber’s POV:

                So we had gotten to the mall and I had gotten my hormones under control. Mostly me just not opening my mouth. I think it worked. We walked into a store and I saw CC walk over to something. “Andy you were right!” He said happily as he picked up a pillow that said ‘Best Uncle!’

                “I told ya.” He grinned. CC put it in the cart as we walked around. Soon Andy ran over to something and picked it up. I frowned till I saw what it was. It was a pair of Batman footie pajamas.

                “Andy you can’t fit in those.” Andy rolled his eyes.

                “It’s for Journey.” He said but I already knew that.

                “You’re seriously putting our baby in boy clothes?” I chuckle and he nodded. I rolled my eyes playfully and put it in the car. CC was holding a teddy bear with a pink ribbon in it. We pushed the cart next to him.

                “The bears so fluffy.” He said ad I just giggled.

                “Who’s the bear for? You or Journey?” I asked and he looked at it. He grabbed another bear with a blue ribbon.

                “I got two.” He said quietly which made me laugh.

                “So you’re getting a ‘Babies First Teddy Bear’”? I laughed and he shrugged.

                “Well it is fluffy.” Andy shrugged as he picked up the girl bear. I rolled my eyes playfully again as we went to the girls area. I ran over quickly to a little elephant footie. “An elephant?” He chuckled.

                “Elephants are amazing.” I said seriously as I put it in the cart. We continued to walk around, picking our simple furniture and other things. We ordered a few things at the front desk like blankets with her initials in it and things like that.

                CC bought toys as well so if the baby ever hung out with him they wouldn’t be bored. “I think CC will play with the baby toys in his spare time though.” He joked. He as probably right though. Anyways, I was so excited to have my baby already. I wish she would pop out already.

                We soon exited the store with so many bags and boxes that were already taken to the car for us. We exited the mall and we got back into the car. CC already took out his bear and kept it in his arms. “Baby.” I snickered and he just stuck his tongue out at me.

                We got back home and the guys laughed at the toys we got. Jinxx liked the octopus. I don’t know why but he I think he kept that one. Jake found the ‘Best Uncle’ pillow hilarious. We kept the boxes outside in the garage sense we were talking about moving into our own house soon before the baby arrived.

                My life was falling into place.