Chapter 33

Chapter 33: Amber’s POV

                My eyes fluttered open and I was immediately hit with cold air. I looked around, letting my eyes get used to the unfamiliar light. White walls, marble tile floors, a hospital bed? Where was I? I looked around for somebody but nobody was here. There was a baby carrier in the corner but nobody was in it.

                I looked for the nurse call button which was next to me. I pressed it and a minute later a nurse came in. “I see you have awaken.” She smiled. I nodded politely.

                “Is my family around? I really want to see them.” I told her pleadingly. She nodded.

                “I’ll call in your brother and fiancée who also has the baby.” She smiled kindly at me. I mouthed a ‘thank you’ as she slowly shut the door and I waited for them to come in. I was still confused.  Why was I here again? I looked over at my shoulder which had multiple white bandages on it. Oh yeah.

                Soon the door opened. Two men rushed in and the baby in one of the men’s arms just laid there calmly. “Amber!” I heard one gasp. I looked up and it was Andy. I smiled and waved tiredly as he walked over and handed me Journey. “Oh my god…” He said as she gave me a hug and rocked me back in forth. CC was next and bear hugged me, basically engulfing me.

                “I missed you guys.” I smiled as CC let go of the hug. “And I missed you.” I smiled as I talking a baby voice for Journey who just looked up at me with her electric blue eyes and a pacifier in her mouth. I kissed her nose and she gave a slight grin. “Did you miss mommy?” I asked her but she didn’t respond. I didn’t expect her to anyways. I looked up with sadness filling my eyes. “I’m so oh so very sorry.” I begged for forgiveness but Andy just walked over and kissed me.

                “I’m just happy you’re alright and safe.” He smiled as he kissed my cheek.

                “So am I but why did you do this?” CC asked and I looked his way.

                “Each of these cuts resemble something.” I explained. “First one is for thinking the bad is over, another thinking I am done with him. Done with all the crap he gave me, A third for thinking romance would cover my sorrow, A fourth for falling down and unable to get back up, A fifth for no elders there to seek life, and finally, a sixth is for unable to be free.” I fell silent as I looked their way.

                “Are you not going to do it again?” He asked me and I nodded.

                “I know I almost died. That’s why I was unconscious. From blood loss. I don’t want to lose guys. I don’t want to lose my baby.” I felt tears fall. “I love her so much and I can’t afford to lose her. I can’t afford to lose you guys.” I said as tears continued to fall.

                “Amber we don’t want to lose you either. We all want you here for the growth of Journey, growth of future children, growth of Black Veil Brides, and growth of us. We couldn’t grow if you’re not here Amber.” Andy pointed out as he knelt down and took my hand.

                CC walked over and gave me a hug, I laid my head on his upper chest as he spoke. “Amber. For 12 long years you were gone from me I felt like an asshole. I lost you and then I find you one day. My life was flipped around. Yeah I might always be fun CC on the outside but on the inside I was dying to see you grow up, to see what you had become. I don’t want to lose you again. I can’t. I can’t go back” She broke down into tears as he slipped tears. I cradled him closer. I don’t think I ever meant this much to someone.

CC’s POV:

20 years ago     

                “She’s absolutely gorgeous.” My father gushed as he rubbed a gentle hand over her small head. I was 9 at the time and I knew how all this baby stuff worked. I never understood why my parents had a baby at this age! I mean they were old but it was just… odd.

                “Would you like to see her?” My mother asked, looking over at me past my father’s broad shoulders. I nodded as I walked over near her bead and she carefully placed the baby in my arms.

                “What’s her name again?” I asked as I looked down at the small figure in my arms, bundled up in a pink blanket.

                “Amber Lee.” She smiled.

                “I like it. Amber Lee Mora.” I grinned. I knew from that day she was special. I was her brother, 9 years older than her. I am going to watch over her. I am going to make sure she never gets hurt. I will make sure I am always there for her. I will never leave her alone.

                But I did that.

Present Time:

                I left my little sister behind. Look what’s happened. For all I know if I hadn’t found her she could be dead by now. Her mother’s death would have sent her to death herself. All that time I spent looking for that brown haired lunatic would have gone to waste.

                That’s exactly how Amber feels.

                That’s why this happened.

                She didn’t care about her father’s stalking. She would be upset about her mother’s death either way but she would have been sent to cutting herself if it wasn’t for the long hours, the many years she was searching for her mother. It was the dedication.

                I put dedication into finding Amber. If Amber died before I found her I probably would have been driven to the same thing. It’s all about the love we put into something. I look down at my sister who was smiling down at Journey who was in her arms

                Being a parent means your dedicated into being there for your child, being there if they get hurt, if they get bullied, if they have to go through the changes of growing up. Journey was so lucky to have a brave mother and father who wouldn’t give their daughter away for anything in the world.

                Amber wants Journey to have the mother she never had.

                She didn’t want to leave her behind. Amber was only 6 months into her relationship and she still didn’t fail at being a mother. I started to slowly clap Amber’s direction. She frowned. “What?” She laughed.

                “You deserve a round of applause for being the mother you never had.”