Chapter 38

Chapter 38: CC’s POV

                “I fucked up so bad. I fucked Andy I fucked up….” I heard Amber cry. I couldn’t force my eyes open. Right now I was basically in my own little world. I was just walking around reliving old memories. I never told Amber what my life was with mom. I mean I only lived with her for about 2 years because I went to start becoming a professional drummer at 16 but still.

                I loved mom and she was very good to me. And that killed me. I went to live with mom and have a good 2 years while Amber was only 5 and stayed with that devilish man. I felt like a jerk how I just left her there. I could have taken her with but I didn’t.

                Right now I was sort of just rooming around this room in my head. Concrete tiles and that’s it while the rest was just darkness. I walked around on the concrete floor till I came across a bright light. I ran towards it. I ran towards the light. I continued to run till I came across a ladder. An old wooden ladder. I looked up at the sky to see where it lead to.

                There was a big hole of brightness which the ladder lead into. I shrugged and I started to climb. I heard more cries and voices as I got closer and closer. Jinxx? Jake? Andy? Amber? I could even hear Journeys soft little baby noises. I was on the right track.

                I continued to climb till I entered the light and everything went black again.

Amber’s POV:

                “When is he going to wake up?” I asked quietly, holding my brother’s hand, squeezing it time to time. I felt movement in my palm and I looked down to see his finger move. I squeezed his hand again and his fingers twitched again and his eyebrows moved. “Hey.” I call over the other guys who weren’t paying attention to me.

                “What?” Jinxx asked, turning his body towards me.

                “CC’s responding.” I said as I squeezed his hand. Soon Andy placed Journeys hand in CC’s over open hand. “Journey you try.” I beckoned the now 8 month year old. She looked up at me with her bright blue eyes. She didn’t quite understand. I made her look as I squeezed his hand. She smiled as she took his index finger and squeezed it. We all looked at CC’s eyes and then I saw something I never thought I would ever see again.

                CC’s eyes fluttered open and I saw his dark brown eyes.

                “CC!” I cried as I threw him into a hug. He returned the hug with one of his well-known CC hugs. I cried into his chest with happiness. “I missed you.” I cried uncontrollably. Once I let go he just laughed and looked around.

                “What happened?” He muttered as he looked around.

                “You have been in coma for almost 2 months.” CC’s eyes widened.

                “2 months!” He said completely shocked as he looked over at Journey whose hair had grown longer in the last 2 months.  “I’ve missed so much!” He said frantically. I shook my head, laughing.

                “No you haven’t.” I chuckled. “But we missed you so much.” I squeezed his hand.

                “I could hear you the entire time though.” He grinned.

                “Did you try to talk back?” I chuckled.

                “Kind of.” He shrugged. “I knew Joy wanted me to come back.” CC grinned as he placed Journey on his lap and kissed her head and snuggled her close. “Did you miss me?” He looked over at her she just smiled at him.

                “I missed you too.” I pouted which made everyone laugh.

                “I missed you more.” He said as he gave me a hug. Jinxx pressed the nurse call button to tell the doctors CC had awoken. A nurse ran in with a clipboard and smiled when she saw that CC was awake.

                “Good you’re awake!” The nurse smiled, writing something down. “Are you feeling good so far?” The nurse asked and he nodded. “Great.” She said as she checked over his vitals. She nodded and left the room.

                “Have you made any wedding plans?” CC asked. We had actually. In the last 9 months we have been engaged many plans had been made. We had decided to have an Alice in Wonderland themed wedding and it would take place at a castle decorated as the Mad Hatters Tea Party.

                Journey would be Cheshire cat, I would be Alice, Andy would be the Mad Hatter, and the best man would be the White Rabbit. I was very excited and I wish I was already be married. “Can I leave?” CC chuckled.

                “I think probably in 2 days.” I shrugged he groaned.

                “But I’ve already been here for 2 months!” CC whined.

                “But you didn’t exactly know.” Jake chuckled.

                “Jake has a point.” Jinxx laughed. Soon a doctor walked in and smiled at all of us.

                “Alight Mr. Mora I can release tomorrow.” The doctor smiled. CC grinned and nodded. The doctor left.

                “Yay I’m leaving after being here for 2 months!” CC cheered.

                “IT DOESN’T COUNT IF YOU DIDN’T KNOW IT!” We all said unison. CC just rolled his eyes. Then we all left so we could pack up our things so we could go back on the road tomorrow. I was excited to see their first show. Yeah we haven’t gone to play any shows.

                Finally things will return to normal.

                I mean first my daughter is abducted and then we get in a car crash resulting into CC going into coma. I think everything is okay now.

                It’s about time.