Best Friend

"I don't need to pee nga! Bakit mo ba ako pinipilit?" she crossed her arms over her chest like a natural brat she was.

"How are we gonna know if you're really pregnant? Duduraan mo lang tapos malalaman na natin? You're impossible" I said impatiently "Here, drink up!"

"Fine. I'll do it" she said as she rolled her eyes at me. Brat. I handed her the pregnancy kit as she entered the bathroom.

I nervously walked back and forth as I waited for her. I'm going to die out of suspense, it felt like I am a criminal waiting for my death sentence.

"Hey" saad ko when I saw her came out of the bathroom

"Get out of my way" she pushed me and run while crying and sobbing.

I felt my heart banging like a bass drum as I walk into the restroom and saw 5 white sticks on top of the sink with 2 red lines. I felt my knees turn into jellies. I knew sooner or later this would happen. I was aware that what we're doing is wrong but it has been our normal. We've been best friend for a long time and we discovered s*x even before we discovered what love is. We just happened to be sexually curious teenagers. We explored, touched, kissed until one thing lead to another. Before we knew it, we are now having our baby. I should've known better, Im only 19.. bata pa kami para maging magulang and she's only a minor!

I saw Karylle leaning against a tree. She looked at my direction with her puffy and red eyes, tumakbo ako palapit sa kanya

"What are we going to do? I'm not ready to be a mom!" she whined like a kid not wanting to have her afternoon nap

I swallowed a lump in my throat as I think of the best way to do in this kind of situation "Hey.. I'm not either pero wala na tayong magagawa, we need to face the consequences "

"I don't want you to die" mahina niyang bulong ngunit sapat lang upang marinig ko

I snapped my head at her "Why would I?"

"Papa will kill you, idiot" she glared at me "Don't you ever leave me, Vice.. Please lang Viceral"

Tinawid ko ang gap na namamagitan sa aming dalawa. I started kissing her hair "Its going to be okay, I promise. Hindi kita pababayaan, you won't go through this alone"

//

Karylle

I placed my hand on top of my tummy and gently stroked it, hoping it would soothe the baby. The baby came as a surprise, we weren't expecting it but I already loved the child. Hindi ko pa man siya naipapanganak, mahal na mahal ko na siya. I felt an unconditional love for something I'd never seen, hear or touch.

Five months na si baby, I am half way through the pregnancy.. four more months! I've been given all the love and support I needed from my family. I can still remember how broken papa was when I broke the news, I saw how furious he is to know who took his 16 years old innocent baby girl from him. Of course I didn't told him, I can't tell him I'm carrying my best friend's baby. He trust Vice so much that he would kill him with his bare hands if he knew.

Pregnancy wasn't a glowing walk in the park. It wasn't easy as I thought it would be. It was ugly and messy; The morning sickness, the awful cravings and the terrible mood swings. I could barely do anything because I'm always tired and nauseous, my body is going through all these changes and I wasn't taking it lightly maybe because I'm alone. Vice is nowhere to be found.

I already miss him. That jerk. He promised not to leave me, he was good until papa knew. He stopped seeing me, that ass*hole. Ayaw ko man aminin pero miss na miss ko na siya. Sometimes I find myself reaching for my phone and sending him text messages but I got none in return. I wanted to tell him about how my day went.. I wanted to tell him about our baby's progress. Sanay na akong siya ang lagi kong kausap, we have been together since we were little.