Distanced

Ilang araw na ba ang lumipas? Ilang buwan? Ilang taon? Hanggang ngayon naaalala ko pa.. Sa bawat pagsikat at paglubog ng araw ay hindi siya maalis sa isip ko. It was the most heart breaking moment that almost everyone ask for a part 2.

"How are you?" napatingin ako sa nakaharap na laptop sa akin

"Ok lang.. Pinipilit ko naman" sagot ko and I heard him sigh "I'm sorry.."

"That's ok, we understand" ngumiti siya pero hindi ito umabot sa mga mata niya. There was a long silence between us until a tiny voice was heard on the background

"It that mama? Can I talk to her?" said the tiny voice. Napaiwas ako ng tingin nang biglang sumulpot ang isang batang babae sa screen, It was Kyline.

He look at me and smiled sadly "Maybe later, baby"

"Ow, okay! Please say hi for me and that I miss her already"

"I'll hang up. Kailangan ko pang ihatid si Kyline sa ballet recital niya" paalam niya then he ended the call.

Its been 3 years since Kyle took his last breath. 3 years na pero gabi-gabi parin akong umiiyak at araw-araw ko paring hindi tanggap. It was so heartbreaking that I isolated myself from everyone. Lumayo ako sa lahat.. I decided its time for me to leave. Kyle took my heart with him.. my life with him. I always pray that someday, somehow I'll be with him again. Until..

"Its breast cancer. I'm sorry Mrs. Viceral. I can refer you to a good friend of mine for a second opinion for us to be sure"

A smile crept on my lips. Nakita ko pa kung paano bumakas ang pagkalito sa mukha ng doktor na kaharap ko

"Mrs. Viceral? Are you ok?" she ask confused

"Yes, ofcourse!" I answered with enthusiasm "Until when will I live?"

"Excuse me? You shouldn't act that way after hearing a bad news. I think you need to see another doctor, A good friend of mine is a psychiatrist" paulit-ulit siyang umiling emphasizing her point.

"I'm sorry, is there a specific emotion I should be feeling right now? Geez I didn't know there's a rule for that"

"Jesus!" I heard the doctor as she face palmed.

//

Karylle found herself standing infront of her son's grave. Ito ang unang beses na binisita niya ito after 3 years. She even ditched his burial to save her sane self from joining him inside the narrow 6ft hole  underground. Kakarating niya lang ng Pilipinas and she decided to pay a visit before heading to their old house.

May hawak siyang isang puting rosas, she placed it down just above his son's engraved name bago pabagsak na napaupo.

Hindi pa man siya nakakapagsimula sa pagsasalita ay umiiyak na siya "Baby, miss ka na ni mama. Sobra.. but don't worry konti nalang makakasama na ulit kita. I'm sorry for being selfish pero kasi ikaw lang ang meron ako, nang iwan ka pa. I won't give a fight against this illness dahil ito lang ang nakikita kong paraan to be with you again. I want to be with you so badly, nak. Mahal na mahal kita eh, ikaw lang ang taong nagparamdam sa akin ng totoong pagmamahal" she sobbed uncontrollably until letting her tears fall "I miss you so much, Kyle.. I miss you so bad"

"Karylle?" she knew who it was kaya hindi na siya lumingon, instead she buried her face on her knees until she felt his warm hands wrapped around her "Shh.. Its okay"

"3 years but it still feels like yesterday" she mumbled "Hindi ko parin matanggap"

He just hugged her tight. Hinayaan niya itong umiyak sa balikat niya hanggang sa kusa na itong tumahan. She fell a sleep in his arms matapos itong umiyak. He brought him home and lay her beside him, napangiti siya nang atomatiko itong yumakap sa kanya. He missed cuddling with her.