Refrigerator Lights

Warnings: Brief mention of anxiety attack

Word Count: 440

I'm marrying the guy that will dance with me around the kitchen in the refrigerator light at two am. 

Tyler's hand was warm on your lower back as you danced. He held you close to him, although that didn't surprise you. He always liked to have you close.

"Can I ask you something?" he asked quietly.

"Of course, Ty."

Despite all the people around you, everyone seemed to be in their own little world as they danced with their partners. You were just happy to have all eyes off of you for the first time that day.

"When did you decide you wanted to marry me?"

You laughed lightly, "That's kind of a funny story."

"I'd love to hear it."

"Ok, so you remember that night that I couldn't sleep, and I went downstairs and laid down on the counter because I didn't know what else to do with myself?"

His eyebrows furrowed for a moment before nodding.

"And then you came downstairs like half an hour later because you woke up from a nightmare and then I wasn't there so you came looking for me?"

"Yeah?"

"And then after I calmed you down, we decided to make quesadillas, but we decided that we needed something to fill the air since the usual noise of the outside world wasn't there. So we put on some music and danced around the kitchen while half awake. Then we ate our quesadillas out on the porch in the moonlight?"

"Of course."

"That's when I knew," you smiled.

"Really?"

"Yep, and it still took you another year to propose."

"I was nervous!"

"You know you don't have to be nervous around me," you smiled.

He leaned down and kissed you.

"When did you know you wanted to marry me?" you asked.

"The first time it crossed my mind was when you slapped Josh," he laughed.

"Really?" you laughed. "That was way before we ever went on a date."

"I know," he smiled. "But the moment I knew I was going to propose was when I had my first anxiety attack around you. Just the way you handled it and took care of me, I knew that was something that I couldn't ever lose."

You smiled widely, "I love you, Tyler Joseph."

"I love you too, Y/N Joseph."

You smiled and leaned forward, resting your head on his shoulder. A moment later, you leaned back to look at him.

"That still sounds weird to me."

"Well, you better get used to it, because you're stuck with it forever."

"Yeah, yeah," you rolled your eyes before leaning in and planting another kiss on his lips.