Distractions

Warnings: One swear word

Word Count: 950

You were sitting at the kitchen table, typing out an article for work that you had put off for way too long. The house was quiet, and you were taking advantage of this rare occasion to actually be productive. As if on queue, the front door swung open, revealing your soaking wet boyfriend, Tyler.

"Honey, I'm home," he smiled, walking over and taking a seat in the chair next to you.

"Hey, Ty. Listen, I really need you to give me some space right now, I have this really important article to finish."

Tyler's face fell a bit, and he immediately pulled out his puppy dog eyes. You closed your eyes and sighed before turning to him.

"It's not like I want to ignore you, but I've been putting this off for weeks and it really needs to get done."

Tyler sighed dramatically before sliding out of his chair, "Fine, I'll go take a shower then."

"You do that, love."

You quickly got yourself back in the zone to write your article. Every sentence you wrote didn't sound right, and with each passing minute you were getting more and more frustrated. Of course, you were soon faced with more prevalent problems.

Upstairs, Tyler was practically screaming song lyrics over the sound of the running water. You sighed and buried your face in your palms, you should have known that he wasn't about to give up that easily. Grumbling to yourself, you got up and grabbed your soundproof headphones from the other room, hoping they would help to drown out the noise.

Twenty minutes later, Tyler arrived downstairs with nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist. His hair was dripping water down onto his chest, and it was difficult to keep your gaze focused on the computer in front of you. You knew that he was aware of the effect he was having on you, because he was currently parading himself around the living room and flexing whenever he possible could.

"Wow, this box sure is heavy," he said, lifting up a package that had been delivered to your house earlier that morning.

As much as you wanted to look, you kept your gaze hyper focused on the computer. The more you fed into his act, the longer he would continue to try and distract you. You did manage to sneak a glance at him at of the corner of your eye, only to see that he was staring at you intently.

"I saw that!" he cheered. "You looked at me."

You did your best to mask the smile on your face.

"Wow, this towel is awfully loose," he said, shrugging the towel slightly lower on his hips.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," you warned.

"What? Is it too distracting?" he asked, starting to unwrap the towel entirely.

"The neighbors are outside."

Tyler quickly snatched up his cascading towel and wrapped it tightly around his waist once again. You couldn't help but smile.

"Well, I'm going to go upstairs and get dressed," he huffed before disappearing up the stairs once again.

You managed to sneak another glance at his now bright red face. Wet footprints were shining on the floor from where he had been walking around.

Tyler returned downstairs hardly five minutes later, now fully dressed and no longer dripping water all over the floor. You tried to focus on writing, but your mind kept running through all the possible things that Tyler would do to distract you.

As if he could read your mind, Tyler walked over and planted himself in a chair next to you.

"Y/N," he said quietly.

You ignored him.

"Y/N."

Still nothing.

"Y/N!" he said, poking you in the arm. "Y/N. Y/N. Y/N."

You pulled off your headphones and turned to him, now thoroughly annoyed.

"This better be important because this article is stressing me out beyond belief and the more you keep distracting me, the longer it's going to take and the more stressed I'm going to get."

Tyler's finger remained hovering in the air near your arm, his mouth hanging half open.

"I-i just wanted to tell you that I love you."

"I love you too, but you're being a real pain in the ass right now."

Tyler pouted a bit but got up and walked off. You focused your attention back on the article; there were only a few paragraphs left for you to write.

You sighed as Tyler once again walked into the living room and planted himself at the piano. He cracked his knuckles before resting his fingers delicately on the keys, causing you to tense up in anticipation for the insane amount of noise that he was about to start making. Much to your surprise, he began to play a slow song. Maintaining your focus was hard enough already, but when he started to sing you finally gave in and allowed yourself to be distracted by his voice. Hearing him sing always calmed your nerves.

Once the song was finished, he spun around to face you, "I'm sorry for unnecessarily stressing you out. I hope that helped."

"It did," you smiled, standing up and walking over to pull him into a hug.

He squeezed you tightly.

"I promise I'm almost done, then I'll give you all the attention you deserve," you added.

"Sounds like a plan," he said, releasing you from his grip.

You walked over and took a seat in front of your laptop once again. Meanwhile Tyler walked off, most likely already planning how to distract you next time.