December: Part One

Pairing: Previous Tyler Joseph x Reader, Unnamed OMC x Reader

Warnings: Angst, mentions of breakup, drunken behavior

Word Count: 1706

Author's Note: This is the first part of a two-part miniseries! That wasn't my original intention, but there were so many elements in the song that I wanted to include that it ended up being too long for a single fic. Also, I won't be posting links to the song since Tumblr is weird about that kind of thing, but this is based on December by Neck Deep (a really good song!) I hope all of you like it :)

"Come on, please... pick up," Tyler muttered.

He wished that he had brought a jacket with him when he went out to the bar. The mid-winter Ohio air was cold on his bare arms, and stumbling around plastered wasn't really helping his mission of getting back to the apartment in a timely manner.

"Y/N," he whined, staring down at his phone screen as if it would somehow make her pick up.

Her answering message played out into the quiet night.

"Hi, this is Y/N. I can't come to the phone right now, but leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can."

He listened as Y/N giggled at something that he had said in the background of the message before the familiar voicemail tone sounded.

"Hi," he murmured into the phone. "I know I've called a lot, but you haven't picked up."

Tyler was struggling to form words in his drunken state. Everything coming out of his mouth just felt wrong.

"I just wanted to tell you that I miss you. And I love you. Wait, maybe I shouldn't say that."

He pulled the phone away from his ear and stared down at the screen, squinting a little as he did so. His fingers looked a little bluer than normal. He wondered how long it had been since he left the bar.

"Um, sorry for calling," he slurred. "Bye."

He somehow managed to hit the end call button before slipping his phone back into his pocket. The street that he was on seemed unfamiliar and he had no idea where to go to get home.

His phone started to buzz in his pocket. Hoping it was Y/N, he quickly reached for it and answered. The idea of hearing her voice again was already making his heart flutter.

"Hello?"

"Where are you, man? My phone says you're on the other side of town."

"You're not Y/N," he sighed.

"No, I'm not," Josh answered. "Are you drunk?"

He scoffed, "Hardly."

"Just stay where you are, ok? I'm coming to get you."

"Ok."

It took Tyler a moment to register that Josh had ended the phone call. The world was spinning a bit more than it had been a moment ago, so he took a seat on the curb. A few flakes of snow were beginning to fall from the sky.

Josh pulled up against the curb some time later. Tyler wasn't sure how long he had been sitting there. Time didn't really feel real to him right now. Josh parked the car and hopped out.

"What are you doing out here?" Josh asked, grabbing Tyler's arm and pulling him up to a standing position.

"I was walking home."