Summer Storm

Warnings: None (except maybe some fluff without plot)

Word Count: 2480

Request: Someone on Tumblr​ sent me this prompt: "Hi friends just here to remind you not to imagine your otp on a hammock together. Don't imagine Person B is asleep on Person A's chest and definitely don't imagine Person A with one foot on the floor so they can rock the hammock in hope of keeping Person B asleep" as well as some of her favorite tropes, and this fic was born :)

Author's Note: I thought all of you could do with some nice fluff after the last chapter of PMW that I put you through :) hopefully this makes up for it!

*      *     *

Tyler's fingers were laced comfortably between yours as you walked down the beach, enjoying the crashing of the waves and the first break from tour that the two of you had had in months. Clouds lingered overhead, but the air was still warm and dry so you had decided to stay out just a little longer. There would be plenty of time for lounging around the house you two had rented later.

"Do you want to walk in the ocean?" Tyler asked.

You turned to look at him, admiring the way his brown eyes were shining in the sunlight. His eyebrows were raised slightly, waiting for your answer.

"Yeah, let's do that."

You allowed Tyler to lead you closer to the water. The two of you only went ankle-deep at first, adjusting to the cooler temperature of the water from the warm sand you had been on a moment before. Slowly, the two of you inched farther into the ocean until the water was lapping around your knees. Tyler came up behind you and wrapped his arms around your waist, letting his head fall forward until it was resting on your shoulder.

"I'm surprised you haven't tried to splash me with water yet," you laughed, resting your own arms on top of his.

"I thought about it, but then you'll be upset with me and if you're upset with me then you won't cuddle with me when we get back to the house."

"Wouldn't that be a tragedy."

"It would indeed," he murmured against your ear before pressing a kiss to your cheek.

The two of you stood in the water for awhile, admiring the distant crashing of waves and the way the water rippled around your feet. Tyler would occasionally hum a quiet melody, most likely without fully realizing what he was doing. It was a common occurrence.

"Did you feel that?" you asked.

"Feel what?"

"I thought I felt a raindrop."

You turned and looked overhead. A few dark clouds were in the sky, but the forecast that morning hadn't had any indication that there would be a rainstorm. Tyler held a hand out with his palm to the sky. Droplets of water slowly started to fall onto his hand.

"Looks like you were right."

"We should get back to the house before it picks up."

The two of you made your way back to the sand, picking up your sandals on the way, and started to walk down the beach. Tyler laced his hand with yours again, though the lazy pace you two had been going at earlier had been abandoned. Now, you were moving quick to try and beat the approaching storm.

You had only made it about halfway back to the house when it really began to pour. Your hair was falling into your face, water droplets dripping from your soaking strands of hair to the tip of your nose. Tyler wasn't having the same problem, since he had decided to wear a baseball hat for your outing. You were actually kind of enjoying being out in the pouring rain, feeling the water hit your bare skin and bounce off the sand.