Caught in the Middle

Warnings: Angst, infidelity

Word Count: 1493

"Y/N," Tyler announced as he walked into the living room.

You sat up from the lounged position that you had been in on the couch and looked at Tyler. He was holding his phone in his hand and looking intently at something on it.

"Yes, babe?" you said.

He looked up at you, "So we've been dating for a few months now, and I was wondering if you think it's a good idea to announce our relationship?"

You felt your heart stop for a second. If Tyler announced your relationship, it would ruin everything that you had so carefully crafted over the last few months. You had somehow managed to pull off being involved with both Tyler and Josh without the other one knowing about it.

You bit down on your lip, "Don't you think we should wait a little bit longer? I mean, we've only been together for two months."

"Can we at least tell Josh?" Tyler asked, sitting down next to you on the couch. "It's hard not being able to talk to anyone else about us."

You waited a moment to answer so that you didn't seem too scared about the idea.

"I just don't want to make him feel uncomfortable when the three of us are together, you know?" It was the same exact line you used with Josh all the time.

"I guess that's fair," Tyler said, putting his arm around your shoulder. "Waiting another month or so won't hurt, I guess. I'm just running out of date ideas that don't involve leaving the house."

"It will be worth it eventually," you smiled, although you weren't so sure.

You left Tyler's shortly after discussing going public with your relationship. Josh would be waiting for you and you had already left Tyler's much later than you intended to. He answered the door a few seconds after you had knocked, much to your surprise.

"Hey. Sorry if I scared you," he said after noticing the shock on your face.

"I just didn't expect you to open the door that fast," you smiled, stepping into his entryway.

"I happened to be walking past the door when you knocked."

He closed the door while you took off your coat. Once that was done, he pulled you into a kiss. You were quick to wrap your arms around his neck.

"So what would you like to do today?" Josh asked, his arms still resting on your hips.

"I think I have an idea," you smirked.

"A movie?" he said, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes," you beamed, grabbing his hand and pulling him towards his bedroom.

Josh grabbed snacks from the kitchen while you sat on his bed and searched through Netflix for a movie that the two of you hadn't seen yet. Most of your "dates" consisted of watching movies and cuddling.

"I've got popcorn!" Josh smiled as he walked into the room.

"My hero!"

He set the bowl next to you on the bed and you immediately grabbed a large handful of it while continuing to scroll through Netflix with the other hand.

"What about this one?" you asked.

"Yeah, it looks good."

"Perfect," you said, tossing the remote aside and snuggling up to Josh.