Rainy Day

Warnings: Implied smut

Word Count: 1319

Request: Hii I wanted to make a request for a Tyler x reader but the reader is Jenna. (if you aren't comfortable with that you can just make it an x reader) where it's rainy and they have a comfy cuddle day in bed while watching movies. If you're comfortable with it, maybe a little make out session, nothing to smutty just fluff I guess :D thank you!

Author's Note: I made this x reader just because that's what everything else on my account is! Also, hopefully this fluff is a nice break from some of the angst that's been going on lately. I hope you enjoy it :)

*     *     *

You woke up from your nap to the sound of rain pattering against the windows and Tyler's chest pressed to your back. He was radiating heat, keeping you warm despite the cool air that was blowing in through the slightly cracked window. You frowned. It hadn't been raining when the two of you fell asleep, but now that it was starting to shower you needed to close the window before the floor ended up soaked. It was hard to find the motivation to do so when your cuddly, sleeping husband had his arm around you.

You gave yourself another minute - and the reassurance that you could get back in bed with him once you got the job done - before getting up and quietly sliding the window shut. The sound of the rain was much quieter now, but still audible against the roof. At least now you could rest more easily knowing you wouldn't end up with a flooded bedroom.

Tyler started to stir as you sat back down on the edge of the bed. You sat very still, silently hoping that he would stay asleep. He had been up late the night before in his studio and, although he had gotten up with you to make breakfast, you knew he hadn't slept enough. This nap was much needed for him.

"What are you doing up?" he mumbled, reaching for your arm. Your shoulders dropped in disappointment. "Come back to bed."

"I was just closing the window since it started raining," you said as you laid back down next to him. He wrapped his arms around you and buried his face in the crook of your neck. "How was your nap?"

"Much needed."

"It seemed like you slept ok."

"Because I was dreaming of you," he said, pressing a soft kiss to your collarbone.

You couldn't do anything but smile at Tyler's sweet statement.

"Did you sleep ok?" he asked.

"Yeah. I always sleep better when you're next to me."

"Me too."

You reached up and started to brush your fingers through Tyler's hair. His breathing started to slow back down, just enough that for a moment you thought he might have fallen asleep again.

"I like when you do that," he said, taking you by surprise. "It feels nice."

"Your hair is so soft."

"Thank you, I work hard to keep it that way," he laughed.

Tyler quieted again, this time wrapping an arm around your waist so that he could run his fingers along your side. You leaned your head against his and let your eyes flutter closed, enjoying the sound of the rain above.

"Ok, that was five minutes," Tyler said quietly.

He shifted, scooting away from you towards the edge of the bed. You watched as he swung his legs over the side and sat up, stretching his arms. His shirt sleeves slipped towards his shoulders, revealing his tensed biceps. He turned to you once he finished stretching and smiled.