Halloween

Warnings: None

Word Count: 1297

Author's Note: Happy Halloween! Enjoy this silly little Halloween fic I wrote up, I hope you guys like it! 👻💕

"Are you ready to see our costumes, Y/N?" Tyler called from the other room.

"I'm nervous, but yes," you answered.

You could hear Tyler and Josh cracking up in the other room. The two of them rounded the corner and you brought a hand to your mouth, trying to conceal the smile on your face. Josh had a red beanie pulled over his brightly colored hair and black paint along his hands and neck. Tyler, on the other hand, had sprayed temporary pink dye all over his hair, which was just visible beneath his backwards hat.

"You're... each other from the Stressed Out video?" you asked.

"Yeah," Tyler grinned. Josh nodded along excitedly beside him.

You sighed and shook your head, "Then which one of you is my husband for the night?"

"Still me," Tyler smiled, walking over and wrapping an arm around you.

"I've always wondered what it was like to be married to Josh," you laughed, pressing a quick kiss to his cheek.

"Mom! Dad! Uncle Josh!" one of your kids yelled from upstairs. "Are you ready for the big reveals?"

The three of you answered and turned to face the stairway. Every year, your kids took turns walking down the stairs and showcasing their costumes, despite the fact that you and Tyler usually handmade most of them and knew exactly what they looked like. The kids enjoyed it though.

Your oldest son was the first to come down the stairs, jumping down them two of three at a time. He had decided to be Spiderman this year and was fully embodying the character. Once he reached the bottom of the stairs, he bent low and pretended to shoot webs at Tyler and Josh.

"Got you!" he smiled.

The three of you clapped and turned your attention back to the top of the stairs. Your daughter appeared at the top of the stairs and did a princess wave at all of you. She had been carefully practicing for weeks, claiming that it needed to be perfect by the time Halloween came around.

"How do I look?" she asked, doing a twirl once she reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Beautiful," Tyler said.

"Amazing," Josh added.

You nodded along, although you quickly became distracted by your other son yelling from the top of the stairs. The three of you looked up to see him standing at the top of the stairs, waving his arms wildly in the air. He had decided to be a ghost this year, which only involved cutting eye and arm holes out of a sheet for him to wear. You and Tyler had asked if he wanted to be something a little more complicated, but he insisted on being a ghost.

"Did I scare you?" he asked as he walked down the stairs.

"A little bit," you smiled.

"My turn!" your youngest daughter called from upstairs.

She carefully waddled down the stairs, being very careful not to step on her tail. After a week or so of deliberation, she had finally decided on being a mouse. The only thing you were worried about was ending up with her facepaint all over the house by the end of the night.

She reached the bottom of the stairs and looked around at everyone. Her eyes landed on Tyler and Josh, and she immediately grew confused. She looked between the two of them, trying to figure out who was truly who.