Milkshakes: Part Three

Warnings: Angst, family drama and arguments

Word Count: 2613

Request: Heyy could you maybe write part 3 of Milkshakes on the Tyler imagines one? That would be so cool :) -salut8tions

Author's Note: As the title says, this is the third part of the milkshakes series! I recommend you read part one and part two first, but keep in mind I wrote them awhile ago so they're formatted a little differently than the stuff I write now. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this one! :)

*     *     *

"The guests are going to be here in ten minutes! Are you going to be ready?" your mom called from outside the door.

"Hold on," you groaned in the direction of your phone. "Yeah, I'll be ready!"

"You're wearing something nice, right?"

You rolled your eyes, "Yes, Mom."

"Perfect. Thank you, sweetheart."

You waited until you heard her footsteps in the hall downstairs before saying anything.

"Sorry about that."

"No worries. Who's coming over?" Tyler's voice crackled as it came through your phone's speakers. Ever since you had gotten your phone back a few days ago, you had been calling him every chance you got. You liked listening to his voice.

"She didn't tell me, but I'm guessing it's my aunt and uncle and their kids. They're over here all the time."

"Does that mean the plan is off?"

While stuck at home without your phone, you had spent a lot of time debating if you wanted to tell your mom about your new relationship with Tyler. It hadn't been easy to come to a decision, but you ultimately decided you wanted to tell her sooner rather than later. You already knew that you wouldn't let anything come between the two of you, so you might as well get it out in the open before you slipped up or told her out of anger. That would also mean you could tell Tyler's family, who you knew would support the two of you no matter what. Maybe Kelly and Chris could even change your mom's opinion about Tyler.

"No, they shouldn't be over here too long. What if you come over at five? My family should be gone by then and if all goes well, you can stay for dinner."

"Ok, I think I can make that work."

"You sound nervous," you said as you fixed a couple loose strands of hair.

"Listen, Y/N, it's not really a secret that your mom doesn't like me and I don't want to be the reason you get in trouble again."

"It's going to be ok, Ty. I'm making the decision to do this and I'll face whatever consequence she gives me. I would never blame you for whatever she does."

"I trust you."

The doorbell rang and Percy immediately ran up to your bedroom door, barking up a storm. You quickly walked over and scooped him up, scratching at his ears to get him to calm down again. Your heart sunk when you realized you would have to say goodbye to Tyler and go down to see the guests.

"They're early," you sighed, turning the phone off speaker and bringing it to your ear. "I need to go."

"That's alright. I'll see you at five."

"Ok. You can text me when you're getting close, but I probably won't be able to answer. You know how my mom is with phones."

"Yes, I'm quite familiar," Tyler laughed.