Worth It

Warnings: None

Word Count: 1396

Author's Note: This was requested by @imshookandneedhelp! Sorry about the wait! This is the night mentioned back in the post Vows! To sum it up if you don't feel like reading again: Tyler hops a fence and dodges his own security to meet the reader after seeing her in the crowd!

Your hips swayed to the music as you watched Tyler dart across the stage, singing lyrics in perfect time with the music. One of your friends wrapped their arms around your waist and together the two of you shouted along, not caring how your voices sounded. This was a night that you had been waiting for for months and you were going to make the most of it.

Tyler walked to the front of the stage right as the song was ending. He was looking out over the crowd with the slightest hint of a smile on his face. You wished that you were closer so that you had even the smallest chances of touching him, but one of your friends had caused you to arrive late, leaving you right in the middle of the crowded venue.

As if he could hear your thoughts, Tyler's eyes locked straight onto yours. You grinned at him and his mouth curled up into a slight smirk as he sang, just subtle enough to avoid ruining his stage persona. For a moment you could have sworn that he stumbled over the words, but you brushed it off as you messing up the words yourself since you were so in shock. He turned and walked towards the back of the stage just as the song ended.

One of your friends started to repeatedly smack your arm, "Did you just-did he...?"

You nodded, your eyes still glued to the spot where Tyler had been standing

"You just made eye contact with Tyler Joseph. Like, a lot of it," your other friend chimed in.

"I know," you said, turning to face them. "I can't believe that happened."

Your conversation was quickly ended as the entire venue began to scream. Josh stood up behind his drums as the next song began playing. You and your friends joined in on the cheering, although you were still trying to wrap your head around everything that had just happened.

"Ok, am I crazy or did Tyler keep looking at me throughout the show?" you asked as everyone began to file out of the tiny venue.

The rest of the show had been absolutely amazing. Your cheeks hurt from smiling and your throat was already beginning to feel sore from screaming lyrics all night. It was, by far, one of the best concerts that you had ever been to in your life.

"He definitely did," your friend answered.

"Yeah, it was like whenever he had a chance he would sneak a look at you."

You bit down on your lip, "I shouldn't be so giddy. It's not like it meant anything."

"I don't know, after all that eye contact I think you two are going to get married," one of your friends said, reaching over to poke you in the side.

"No way," you rolled your eyes. "He's a musician and I'd be surprised if that isn't something he does every night. I'm just going to be happy about the fact that tonight, that was me."

The night air was cold as you made your way out of the venue. You wrapped your jacket tighter around you as you made your way down the sidewalk. Since you had arrived later than anticipated, you had to park far away from the venue. The walk to the car wasn't going to be fun.

The three of you rounded the corner and made your way along the side of the venue. You were all cracking up at a joke that your friend had made, which apparently attracted more attention than you had expected.