Shower

Warnings: Brief sexual innuendo

Word Count: 1125

Author's Note: Bonus post! I know there have been a lot of angsty posts and not a lot of Tyler posts lately, so I figured I would combine those to make a little Tyler fic that's just pure fluff. I hope you guys love it! 💕

You rolled over in bed, shutting your eyes tight to block out the light that was pouring in from the window. The shower was running in the bathroom, meaning that Tyler had already woken up and started with his day. His voice was just audible over the sound of the running water.

It wasn't often that you had a chance to hear Tyler just singing for himself. He was a performer at heart and it showed. Every live show--no matter how big or small--had to be perfect in his eyes right down to the vocals. But when he was in the shower, he accepted the voice cracks and notes that didn't sound quite right as they were.

You curled up in bed and closed your eyes, taking in the sound of his voice. There was something special about hearing him perform in the shower. Maybe it was the fact that he thought nobody was listening. Or the fact that you knew you were the only who got to hear him like this.

He finished singing and shut the shower off. You listened as he walked around the bathroom, still humming quietly to himself. Finally, he walked out of the bathroom with nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist. His eyes landed on you and he smiled.

"Good morning, sunshine," he grinned, walking over to the dresser.

"Morning, babe," you answered.

"How long have you been up?"

"Long enough to hear your performance in the shower this morning."

He turned to look over his shoulder, eyebrows raised, "You heard that?"

"Hard not to," you giggled.

Tyler grabbed whatever clothes he had been looking for and headed back towards the bathroom. You admired the way his muscles moved as he walked, covered in droplets of water.

"Enjoying the view?"

Your eyes moved up to meet Tyler's. He was smirking at you, obviously amused by the fact you had been completely oblivious to him knowing you were staring.

"Go put some pants on," you muttered.

Your cheeks were burning bright red and you were quick to bury your face in the blanket once the bathroom door had closed. A year and a half of dating and he still knew how to make you blush like the day you had met.

Your face was still hidden when the bathroom door opened again. The bed dipped with Tyler's weight and seconds later the blanket was being pulled away from your face. A tattooed arm came into your vision.

"Don't tell me you're embarrassed," Tyler's voice was quiet.

You looked at him out of the corner of your eye, "You never fail to make me blush, Ty."

He scooted closer so that you could feel his body heat. It seemed he had listened to your request of him putting pants on, but he had still neglected to put on a shirt. Not that you were complaining.

Tyler reached out and rested a hand on your cheek, turning your head so that you were now looking at him. Once glance at him made your heart melt and before you knew it you were smiling like an idiot.

"You're adorable," he smiled, hand still resting on your cheek.

"Shut up," you rolled your eyes.

"You are," he said, leaning closer to you now. "I'm so lucky."

You looked down and tried to ignore the fact that your cheeks were burning once again, "You're annoying."

His hand moved to under your chin, tilting your head back up, "You love me."

"I do love you."

This caused him to smile and scrunch his nose. You smiled at his reaction. It never failed to amaze you that you could make someone that was adored by so many people turn into a giddy idiot with a few words. This was a side of him that nobody else got to see.

"Look who's being adorable now," you smiled.

"Still doesn't live up to you."

You rolled your eyes but Tyler had other ideas. He pulled you into a kiss, his hand moving from your chin to the back of your neck. You reached out and rested a hand on his chest.

"Who knew I would get so lucky," Tyler whispered.

"I could say the same."

You laid back down, prompting Tyler to do the same. His brown eyes were staring straight into yours.

"Hey, Ty" you said, reaching out and playing with a strand of his wet hair.

He closed his eyes and smiled, obviously enjoying your fingers in his hair, "Hmm?"

"You should sing in the shower more often."

"Should I?"

"Yeah, it sounds really nice."

"Maybe sometime you can join me and we'll do a duet."

"Shut up!" you laughed, lightly shoving his shoulder. "Can you just take the compliment and not be weird about it?"

"Fine," he sighed. "But keep it in mind."

"Whatever, Ty."

He opened his eyes and scooted closer to you, wrapping his arms around you so that his body was pressed up against yours.

"I love you."

"I love you too, but I need to take a shower of my own soon."

"Will you sing for me?"

"I wouldn't count on it."

"Fine," he huffed.

He buried his face in the crook of you neck and closed his eyes. You ran your fingers lightly along his arm, tracing the shapes of his tattoos and taking in the moment. It wouldn't be long before the two of you left for tour again and you wouldn't get to have as many moments like this.

"That feels nice," Tyler mumbled into your collarbone.

You didn't want to get out of bed, even though there were a million things that you and Tyler needed to get done today. Not to mention that this was the calmest that Tyler had been all week, tour preparations never failed to stress him out.

"I'm going to shower now," you said, starting to slide out from under Tyler.

"No," he groaned, wrapping his arms tighter around you. "Stay with me."

"Ty," you sighed, brushing a couple strands of hair away from his forehead. "I have to get ready for the day so that we can get stuff done."

"Five more minutes?" he pleaded.

"Fine, but just five."

You laid back down and Tyler adjusted himself slightly. His breathing slowly became steadier and in a few minutes he was asleep. Deciding that this was your opportunity to escape, you gently laid him down on the pillow next to you and got up. Tyler grumbled a bit, but you reassured him that you had stayed for the full five minutes.

"Don't have too much fun without me," he said, still half asleep.

You smiled at his sleepy demeanor, "No promises."