Insecure

Warnings: Angst, mentions of minor depression, self-doubt

Word Count: 1757

Your POV

"Hey, babe," Tyler said, bending over the back of the couch so that he could press a kiss to your temple. "Are you going to be ready to leave in about ten minutes?"

"For what?" you asked, shifting slightly so that you could look up at him.

"We're getting drinks with Josh, remember?"

"Right," you mumbled. You had forgotten about the plans that the three of you had made. "I think I'm going to skip tonight, I feel kinda sick."

"Are you sure? I know Josh was looking forward to seeing you."

You refrained from rolling your eyes. Although Tyler loved you, he did have the tendency to make you feel bad about skipping out on plans every now and again. He only did it when he knew you were making excuses, but that didn't make it hurt any less.

"Don't guilt me, Ty. You two just go out and have fun," you huffed before turning back and pulling the blanket up around your neck.

"Alright," he rubbed your arm a bit and then walked off.

You hated to do this to Tyler. He was obviously worried about you, but every time that you tried to tell him how you were feeling you just couldn't get the words out. All you wanted to do was lay in bed and hide away from the world, but he insisted that you at least lay on the couch so that he could be near you while he worked. It always got him off your case for a little while.

If only you could snap your fingers and make all of the doubt and hurt go away.

Tyler's POV

"I don't know what to do, Josh. Y/N hasn't been herself lately. She spends most days on the couch, alternating between watching TV and taking naps. Her typical bubbly personality hasn't shown itself for days, instead she just gives short answers and partial smiles. Every time I ask her if everything is ok, she brushes it off and says she's fine."

"Have you tried just spending some time with her? She might open up more then," he shrugged.

"I mean, I've managed to get her out of bed and to the couch so that she's at least near me when I'm working."

"No, Ty. Like have you really spent time with her? Just the two of you sitting on the couch and cuddling, enjoying each other's company?"

"I've tried, but she just ignores me and watches TV."

"Taking the time out of your day to sit with her, even if you aren't cuddling or anything, may mean more to her than you realize."

I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck, "You're right. I've been going about this whole thing the wrong way."

"How long has she been like this?"

"A few days, maybe. She made a comment about feeling overwhelmed the other day and she just hasn't really been the same since."

"Ok, I have an idea," Josh said, folding his hands on the table. "You and I are both worried about her, so why don't we get out of here, pick up some fast food on the way home, and make sure Y/N knows how loved she is?"

I nodded along as Josh explained his idea, "I think that would be good. Man, I shouldn't have left in the first place."