First Date

Warnings: None

Word Count: 1885

Author's Note: This goes along with the same story line from Vows & Worth It! It was also requested by @OhMyJosh_TatyTayandTy! Sorry that it took so long to get to, I wanted to get it right!

You stared down at your phone sitting on the coffee table as you nervously picked at your jeans. Tyler was supposed to be getting here at any moment and you were anxiously awaiting the text telling you that he was downstairs.

Your phone buzzed and you nearly jumped off the couch. You reached for it and scanned the message, but it only turned out to be one of your friends. The pit in your stomach immediately disappeared as you typed out a response.

Y/F/N: Excited for today?

Y/N: Are you kidding? I've been waiting for this date for months!

Just as you were about to lock your phone and toss it back onto the table, another text appeared at the top of your screen.

Tyler: I'm outside! I just hope I got the building right...

You bit down on your lip to keep from smiling too much and got off the couch. All of the stuff you needed was already sitting by the door, ready for you to grab and head straight downstairs. You took the stairs down two at a time, unwilling to wait for the slow elevator.

Tyler was standing outside the door, facing the street. His hands were buried deep in the pockets of his jeans.

"You haven't been here long, have you?" you asked as you stepped out the door.

He turned to face you, a smile already appearing on his face.

"Longer than I'd like to admit," he laughed, holding out his arms. "How have you been? I feel like I haven't seen you in forever."

"I've been good!" you said as he pulled you into a hug. "I'm excited to see you though."

"Tell me about it. I've been counting down the days until I had a break to finally take you on this date."

"Speaking of this date, are you going to tell me where we're going now?" you asked as he let go of you.

Tyler had been super secretive about where he was taking you on this date and it was killing you. He would give you hints every now and again, but you had still yet to piece together where you were going.

"You'll see," he grinned, taking hold of your hand and leading you down the sidewalk.

"Will you at least tell me how far away we have to walk?"

"Just to the car right now."

You groaned, but it was impossible to keep the smile off of your face. It really didn't matter where he was taking you; you were just happy to finally be spending time with Tyler.

You immediately checked the backseat for clues as soon as you hopped into the passenger seat of the car.

"Did you really think I was going to leave an obvious clue in the backseat?" Tyler laughed as he shut his door.

"I can hope," you smiled as you turned to him.

He started the car and pulled away from the curb. You tapped your fingers against your legs and tried to think of something interesting to ask him about.

"How long of a drive is it?" you asked.

"Not long," he answered, his eyes never leaving the road. You sighed and began to pick at your jeans, hoping that it would help take the edge off. Tyler reached over and placed a hand on your knee, "You're going to have fun, Y/N. Just relax."