Fallen Angel

Continuation of the last chapter-

Red Chrysan banged his head on the counter next to Cooper. "God damn it!" He cursed. He turned to look at me. I could only guess that his eyes were wild beneath the mask. "Ahsper, don't judge me for this." In one swift motion, he pulled off his mask.

I gasped, taking a step away from Red Chrysan.

"Cooper, look at me. Look at me." Red Chrysan said, smacking his face lightly. "Cooper, I want you to look at me."

Cooper looked up. "Hey bro." He coughed up another bout of blood. "Looks like I'm finally joining you in heaven."

I shook my head and my stomach heaved onto the floor- a sad laugh escaped my throat- electricity bubbled around my in cracks and pops- my barrier of glass fell- my knees gave out and my control over my emotions crashed to the ground. "You're dead. I went to your funeral. You're dead." I whispered. I looked at Cooper. "We thought we lost you. Now I'll lose both of you."

Angel looked at me. "Hey, Ahsper. Funny thing about death, it can be faked."

I shook my head again. "No. You can't be alive. You monster. You gave Cooper PTSD. You-"

Angel shook his head. "Ahsper, Cooper is dying. Is now really the time to fight about this?"

I looked at my bloody and bruised best friend on the counter. Footsteps approached us from behind.

"Well, isn't this a sight? The twin who faked his death lives and the one who lives is dying." Nemesis said. "Aww, and little Ahsper is crying buckets of tears."

I hurriedly placed a hand to my eye. I was crying. The tears wouldn't stop.

"You could save him, you know." Nemesis's sweet voice purred beside me. "I have a healer that can save him."

I refused to look at him, instead looking down at Cooper in desperation. He was losing a lot of his blood. His eyes were no longer focusing on anything.

"Nemesis, don't you fucking dare-" Angel started to say.

"What is your price?" I cut Angel off, shooting him a glare. He wasn't in Cooper's life the last few years. He didn't deserve to bargain for Cooper's life.

Nemesis tilted his head and cooed at me. "Leave. Let yourself be taken prisoner by the Swat team outside."

I shook my head. I didn't trust the bastard. "I want to see your healer start to heal him. Once he's not in critical condition anymore, I'll leave without a fight." I replied.

Nemesis nodded, expressionless behind that motorcycle helmet. "That's a good girl." He cooed.

"Stupid fucker," I grumbled under my breath, clutching desperately to Cooper's hands.

Nemesis rose a condescending finger at me. "Ahsper, now, now, that's no way to talk to me. You ruined the entire super program. I'm just securing that I'm left alive after the extermination."

Nemesis strode out of the building, shortly returning with a short man in a trench coat. "Heal the boy." Nemesis waved a dismissive hand at Cooper's limp body.

"Ahsper, don't do this. We can find a way." Angel said.

"Shut the fuck up, Red Chrysan." I snarled. Angel flinched at my use of his hero name. "You don't get to decide what is best for Cooper." I turned a sharp glare on him, and he withered under it.

The cloaked man stood next to Cooper, placing a hand full of pebbles on Cooper's bare chest. "From dirt, you came. From dirt, you heal." He said in a heavy Jamaican accent.