Present

"Close your eyes."

"Why?"

"Just do it."

Johnny sighs but does as you ask. You gently place something in his lap and smile when 'it' starts licking Johnny's face playfully. He opens his eyes startled and looks in front of him. His dark orbits widen in surprise but his lips immediately pull into a large grin and he gently hugs the small puppy.

"Hey, buddy." He greets the dog and fondles its small head.

"I'm glad you like it, because it's my present for you. If you want him, that is."

"It's a boy?" He asks and you nod with a smile.

"So what do you say, are you going to keep him or...?"

Johnny smirks and leans closing the space between your face and his. He kisses you and then when you pull apart he lifts the small puppy and it licks playfully your nose. You shriek and start to giggle.

"I'll take that as a yes." You say with a grin before wiping your nose with your sleeve.

Johnny grins too and there's a mischievous smirk on his face, eyes glimmering. Once again you managed to surprise him and make him happy. One more score for you in the silly little competition you and Johnny had started a couple of months ago of who makes the other happier. You smirk knowing that he's already beaten you and will always beat you in that game. Because he makes you happier just by existing and you'd do everything to make him just as happy.