Fight

Your mind's racing furiously trying to assimilate how did you get into the current situation.

You've been working hard the last couple of weeks and were traveling a lot, but then again so was Johnny. He was in the middle of the shooting of his new movie and was just as busy as you (even though you were working as a PR agent). You missed him and he missed you even though both of you were more than used to each other's busy schedules. He tried more than once to pursue you to quit your job but you made it clear that you want to provide for yourself and you don't want his money. He then dropped off the subject, but you knew perfectly well that even if he respected you enough not to say anything, he still didn't like it and it was bothering him.

That's why you got really worried when Tim called you to tell you Johnny had called in sick the last couple of days and hadn't showed up on set. You caught the first possible flight and now you were standing in front of the door, reaching with your keys to unlock it. Immediately the stench of alcohol and cigarettes hits your nostrils and you cough slightly waving through the air with your hand.

"Johnny?" You call his name but he doesn't answer. "Baby?"

You walk through the corridor and open the door of the living room.

"Oh my God." You gasp, once you see what's inside and you drop your bag.

Johnny was half-sitting, half-lying on the couch, a bottle of whiskey in one hand and a cigarette in the other. His dark hair is a mess and there were dark circles under his eyes that were red and were barely open. The ashtray on the table is full of old smoked out cigarettes, there was an empty bottle of alcohol on the floor, and the room was a mess of clothes thrown all around it.

You run to the couch and kneel down, touching his face softly.

"Johnny?" You whisper quietly and the sound makes him turn his head slightly to look at you.

You could smell the stench of alcohol in his breath and it makes you sick to your stomach.

"Who are you?" He stares confused, trying to focus his eyes on you.

"It's me." You say softly, fondling his cheek.

A momentum spark of recognition runs through his dark orbits.

"Y/N?"

You nod slightly with a small smile.

"Yes, baby, it's me."

He seems to be thinking for a moment before finally pushing your hand away.

"No, you're not Y/N. You can't be her, she's out of town because of her job. Go away." He was slurring the words but you caught every word and your heart broke.

He lifts the bottle to take a sip but you pull it out of his hand and throw it aside. You then grab his face and stare at his brown eyes.

"What are you doing?" You ask, the tone of your voice getting from soft to stern. "What is all this?" You motion at the mess the living room was. "Tim called me because he was worried about you. He said you've taken the last couple of days off because you were sick. I caught the first flight and came back to find you look like a wreck. What the hell is going on?!"

You can barely contain yourself but you don't really care. All you need to know is why the hell is he in this state and what is going through his mind. Johnny tries to sit and with some effort he succeeds. He then tries to get up but he falters and you tried to catch him but you're unable to support his weight and both of you collapse on the couch with him on top of you. Your eyes found his and both of you stare at each other intensely. Then he moves down and closes the space between your lips. At first you kiss him back, but then you gently push him away.

"We can't carry on like this." You say quietly. "We always fight over how we don't spend enough time together and then the fights end up with us making up in bed, but we never stop to talk things trough. I'm tired of fighting with you."

"Then you know what you should do." He says slurring the words. "Just quit that job of yours."

You narrow your eyes at him and pushing him off you, you sit up.

"You can't be serious."

"Yeah well, I am."

You stand up from the couch and turn to look at him.

"When will it get into your head that I'm an independent woman?! I can't rely on you for money and I don't want to. I love my job and I'm not going to quit. If I quit because you asked me to I'll hate you for that and you'll hate me for listening to you instead of standing my ground and do as I want. I love you, Johnny, and I can give my life for you. But I can't and I won't let you provide for me."

He looks at you hurt and turns his head away.

"Then it'll probably be better if we end it." He mumbles.

You gasp at his words and pain stabs your heart at the thought he was ready to give up on your relationship so quickly. But you won't let that happen without putting up a fight. Especially if he's just trying to emotionally blackmail you to quit your job. You take a deep breath to calm down.

"Do you love me?"

The simple question makes him turn his head back to look at you again.

"How can you ask me that? You know how much I love you, but..."

"I love you and you love me. It's all that matters and I'm not going to give up on our relationship just like that." You state confidently and put your hand on top of his.

He narrows his eyes at you, knowing that if you put your mind into something no one can talk you out of it.

"What do you suggest us to do?"

"Couples counselling. We'll go and talk to a therapist. A specialist, someone who can help us."

His eyes get wide open at the suggestion and he stares at you shocked.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes. We need help, Johnny. And we need to be mature enough to admit it to ourselves. I'm sure talking to a psychologist will help us. Because I love you too much to give up on you without a fight."

He blinks then puts his hands around yours and smiles.

"Ok, if you think it'll help then I'll do it. I love you and I don't want to lose you."

"Great, it's settled then." You smile and wrap your arms around him to hug him.

When you release him you send him off to bed and sighlooking around the messy living room. Tomorrow you'll have to clean it all upbut right now you feel exhausted. You walk into the bedroom and smile slightlyseeing Johnny on the bed already asleep. You carefully lie down next to him andpull the blanket up to cover him. He's your everything and you make a silentpromise that you'll do everything to save your relationship.