Trust

a/n: By 'she' in the imagine I mean Ambitch. :D

Johnny's apology echoes in your ears and pain pierces your heart. You've longed to hear these words for a long time and when you didn't you finally decided to move on. It wasn't easy to get over the fact that the man you loved with all your heart had believed another woman and didn't trust your own words. It took you a lot of time but one day you met someone and everything got better. His love, understanding and patience had mended your broken heart and had healed the wound in your soul. Slowly but steadily you had started falling in love with him and now you couldn't imagine your life without him.

"You have no idea how long I've waited to hear those words. How much I wished you'd apologize and come back to me." You say, piercing Johnny's dark orbits with your eyes. "But you didn't. You let that woman come between us and like that wasn't enough you went and married her. But do you know when you hurt me the most?"

"Y/N, please..." He begins to say, but you raise your hand to silence him.

"You broke my heart when you chose to believe her instead of me. You didn't trust me and didn't believe my words. I begged you to believe me, but you turned your back on me."

Tears of shame glistened in Johnny's eyes.

"I'm sorry." He says quietly. "I was so stupid; I should've never trusted her..."

"Yeah, you shouldn't have."

For a moment both of you stare intensely at each other.

"My biggest mistake was letting you go." He says and tries to take your hand but you pull back.

"No." You shook your head never breaking eye contact with him. "Your biggest mistake was you doubted me."

He lowers his head and seeing him in so much pain and so vulnerable makes you want to reach and comfort him. You put your hand on his shoulder and lifts his head to look at you. You keep your eyes locked with his.

"I'm not angry at you, Johnny. I never was. I was just really hurt. Like I said my heart was broken but then I met someone. It took time but thanks to him now my heart is fixed and everything is only a part of my past. So all I'm trying to say is that I called you to talk to you because I wanted to tell you something very important. I wanted to tell you that I forgive you. And you should forgive yourself too. It's time to move on."

He lifts his hand to brush your cheek but you pull back.
"What if I can't move on?" He asks. "What if I still love you?"

"Then you should forget about me. I carried on, Johnny. After what you did I thought I wouldn't be able to trust another man ever again. But then I met someone. With a lot of caring and patience he managed to heal my wounds and I fell in love with him. I'm finally happy again. There's no going back for me...for us. You have to move on from me."

You can see the hurt in his eyes but you can also see that he finally understands. You hesitate for a moment before pulling him into a hug. When you release each other a tear rolls down his cheek.

"What am I going to do now?" He asks and you gently wipe his tear before cupping his cheek.

"You'll start over." You say with a smile and finally he gives a small smile in return.

Your hand drops back on the side of your body and you make a step back.
"I've got to go now."

He nods.
"Yeah, I should probably go too."

"I guess this is goodbye." You say.

"I guess so." He answers with sadness audible in his voice. "Can we at least stay friends?"

You think about it for a moment.

"Yeah, I guess we could."

You stare at each other for a moment.

"Goodbye, Johnny." You say quietly.

"Goodbye, Y/N." He responds with sad voice.

You turn around and start walking in the opposite direction of his. Yet you can't help but sneak one last look at him. You realize the finality of your relationship and that he's only your past and just a friend now. A sigh escaped your lips and you turn your head to look in front of you again.

If only he had trusted you instead of her...everythingwould've been different.