Premiere

You're in the bathroom getting ready because Johnny wants to take you with him on his premiere. You hate dressing up and wearing high-heels, but there isn't a thing in this world you wouldn't do for him. He calls from the bedroom asking for something and you tell him where to search for it. When you finish your make up you go back to the bedroom.

"What happened, did you--" You stop dead in your tracks realizing what he was holding in his hand.

You quickly walk over to him and take the object from him, caressing it with your fingers.

"Where did you find that?" You ask, voice choked.

"It was in the upper drawer where you told me to look for --"

"This was my dad's." You interrupt him. "He wore it ever since I can remember. It had a special meaning for both of us. When he died I kept with me instead of having him cremated with it."

Your fingers slide over the small silver cross and the other two pendants attached to the chain. You close your eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath. Then you take Johnny's hand and put it on his palm.

"I think you should have it."

His eyes get wide open in shock and he tries to give it back, but you pull away.

"I can't accept this. It's too special for you, it was your father's. I can't --"

"My dad would be happy to know I gave it to the man I love." You say with a smile.

"But.."

"No buts, just take it."

He sighs but nods. You smile and look around.

"Now let's find the necklace you were looking for." You say and were about to turn around when he stops you, by putting his hand on your shoulder.

"No need for that." He says with a smile and puts on your dad's necklace around his neck.

"What are you doing?" You ask, eyes wide. "You can't wear that to the premiere, it's too simple."

He cups your face with his hands and smiles.

"It belonged to the father of the girl I'm in love with and that makes it unique. There isn't anything else I'd like to wear tonight."

Tears are glistening in your eyes and you smile.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?!" You ask and press your lips against his.

He smiles into the kiss.

"Yes, but I think one more time won't hurt." He smirks and you chuckle before kissing him again.

Later when you're already at the premiere some reporter asks him about the necklace and he looks at you smiling before responding it has a very special meaning to him. You smile back and squeeze his hand. He leans for a kiss and the crowd of fans bursts out cheering both of you.

The dress you're wearing is too uncomfortable and yourfeet hurt like hell in the high-heels but right in this moment you realize lifecouldn't be more perfect.