Amnesia

You move your head slowly waking up when you feel you're being watched and your eyes snap open in shock; Johnny's sitting on your bed and his brown eyes are fixed on you.

"Jo-Mr Depp what are you doing here? Do you need something?!" You ask him and mentally curse yourself for almost calling him 'Johnny'.

You're only his nurse now and nothing more. Whatever you had in the past is over forever or at least until he regains his memory and remembers who you are and your relationship. It breaks your heart to live in the house that holds such precious memories for you and hide your feelings but you're willing to do it as long as you have to for Johnny's sake. His health is still fragile after that stupid accident and he has to stay away from stress because it might be very dangerous for him. As a nurse and as someone who loves him it's your responsibility to take care of him and that's why you took care of him at the hospital. However, you didn't expect him to actually ask you to come and help him in his house after he was released. Having to live with him and pretend you were strangers who didn't know each other before the hospital was really hard but somehow you managed it.

Or so you thought.

"Mr Depp?!" You repeat when he continues to stare at you without muttering a sound. "Are you ok?!"

You look at him with concern.

"Johnny." He says finally and you look at him confused.

"I don't— "

"You used to call me Johnny once, didn't you?"

You heart jumps inside of your chest. Did he finally started to remember?

He pulls something out of his pocket and stretches his hand to you. You look down to see what he's giving you and your heart falls in your chest; it's a photo of you and Johnny together on the beach of his private island. He's holding you up in his arms and both of you are smiling at the camera. He then turns it around so you can look at the back but you already know what's written there.

'For my Johnny with love' signed with the first letter of your name.

You stare at your own handwriting for a moment before lifting your head to look at him.

"Where did you find it?" You ask, your voice shaking slightly.

You had given the photo to Johnny as a gift years ago and you didn't even know he was still keeping it.

"I was searching for something in my desk and found it at the bottom of one of the drawers." He responds never breaking eye contact. "But I don't understand...what does it mean?"

For a moment your stare at him with sadness in your eyes; you thought he was starting to remember and you had gotten your hopes up but it was in vain. He still didn't remember anything.

"Nothing." You say quickly shaking your head. "It means nothing."

You try to stand up from the bed but he curls his fingers around your hand and holds you back.

"It means something to you." He says and holds your hand with both his hands. "I can see it in your eyes. Please talk to me."

You try to keep your emotions in check and stand up from the bed.

"Mr Depp this photo doesn't mean anything. Now if there isn't anything else I'll ask you to leave my room. I have to get ready for the day."

You can see the sadness in his eyes at your harsh tone and your heart breaks but you know you don't have a choice. He stands up from your bed and opens his mouth as if to say something but then changes his mind and silently leaves closing the door behind himself. Your fingers feel for the closest thing and you smash it against the wall before sitting on the bed and breathing heavily. You can't carry on like this. You can't keep hiding your feelings and most of all you can't keep lying to him. You quickly change clothes and take out your suitcase shoving your stuff inside. Once it's ready you take it and walk out of the room. You put down your suitcase looking around the house and your heart breaks when you recall every memory with Johnny in it. But you know it's the right thing to do so taking a breath you walk over to his room. You softly knock on the door and wait impatiently for him to open. When he does you look up to his face and for a moment you remain silent and it takes you everything not to throw yourself at him and hug him tight.