Special

You're sitting by the window looking outside at the heavy rain while Johnny's spread on the bed reading the script of his most recent movie. However, he's barely paying attention to the papers in his hands because he's too busy staring you but you're so deep in your thoughts that you don't even notice. When you sigh slightly staring at the small drops rolling down the window he tosses the script aside and stands up walking over to you.

"Penny for them."

You turn your head to look up at him confused.

"Huh?"

"Your thoughts." He says and lifts his hand to remove a piece of hair falling over your eyes. "You were so deep in thoughts and had this serious expression on your face. What were you thinking about?"

You stare at him for a moment, your eyes fixed on his brown ones. Then you look out of the window again.

"You deserve someone better than me."

His eyes widen in shock and he gasps slightly.

"You're joking right?"

You turn to look at him again.

"Do I look like I'm joking?!" You push yourself up from your place and face him off. "I'm not good enough for you. I'm just an ordinary woman. You deserve someone special. Someone who would make you happy. The last year with you was like a dream, but I need to wake up. I love you with all my heart but I have to face the truth. You deserve better than me. Hell you deserve the best and I have to find the strength in me to accept that and walk away."

While you were talking he was staring at you too shocked to interrupt you, but when you turn to walk away he grips your arm. You turn around to look at him questioningly and he places both of his hands on your cheeks. The feeling of his long fingers on your face sends a jolt all over your body.

"I already found the best." He says piercing you with his brown orbits. "I'm in love with the most special woman in this world and I'm not planning of letting her go anytime soon!"

He kisses you passionately and you kiss him back eagerly, almost hungrily. This night he makes love to you and it feels so good, better than any other time, almost as if he's desperate to prove you how special you are to him. In the small hours of the night when you're lying secured tightly into his arms he kisses the top of your head before breaking the comfortable silence.

"I love you and I want you to promise me something."

You move your head so you could look up at him.

"What?"

"I want you to promise me that you'll forget that crap about not being special and you'll never even think about it again, ok?"

You sigh and he places his hand on your cheek.

"Please, I need you to promise me that."

"Ok, ok, I promise." You say and move your head to give him a light kiss on the lips before settling back to lying comfortable on his chest.

'But I amjust an ordinary girl and you dodeserve the best', you think to yourself bitterly before closing your eyes and driftingoff to sleep listening to the heavenly sound of his soothing heartbeat.