1 year

You're sitting on the couch with a cup of tea in your hand and barely pay attention to the working TV. Today was marking a year since...it hurts you even to think about it. You were so happy with the man of your dreams when one day he left you for another woman that he had met during the filming of one of his movies. A sigh escapes from your lips and you switch the TV off, putting some music on instead.

Everything is so messed up in your head.

You thought that after all these months your feelings for him had finally begun to fade away but you're shocked to realize they're still as strong as they were the first time you met him. You take a sip from your tea, letting the hot liquid burn your throat and put the cup down closing your eyes. You wish you could just forget him and move on the same way he did but it's so damn difficult. Suddenly the doorbell rings and your eyes snap open. It's almost ten in the evening and you weren't expecting visitors so you wonder who could be so late. But when you open the door your eyes get wide open because you expected anyone but the very person standing in front of you.

"Johnny?!" You gasp, your eyes travelling all over him.

You're shocked not only by his presence but also by the way he looks. Outside is raining and he is soaked head to toe but this is not what makes you frown. His face is covered in scratches (some old, some new), there's a fresh bruise on his right cheek, his lip is bleeding and there are numerous bruises on his arms. He also looks really tired as if he is going to collapse any minute now.

Pain stabs your heart and you quickly pull him inside shuting the door close behind him. You silently lead him to the couch and after you sit him down, you bring some towels and dry clothes for him to put on (when he left a year ago, he left or rather forgot some of his clothes at your place). While you're waiting for him to change you get some cotton and disinfectant to clean his wounds with. You sit next to him on the couch in a way that you're facing him and you carefully start cleaning the scratches on his face.

"Aren't you going to tell me what are you doing here?" You ask and he lets out a small sigh.

"It's just..I wanted to..no, I needed  to see you." He responds slowly.

"Why would you need that?" You ask, finishing with the scratches on his forehead and moving to the ones on his cheek. You heart is pounding in your chest. "You broke up with me one year ago and we both moved on. Why would you want to see me now?"

You hope it didn't sound as if you're blaming him or anything. You're just curious because you two haven't been in touch for all these months and all of a sudden he shows up at your door in this state.

He looks at you with his brown eyes and your heart breaks because he looks like a lost puppy that only wants to be loved. He lifts his hand and puts in on top of your own that's on his cheek. Slowly he leans forward closing the space between your faces and his lips are pressed on your own. When your mind finally process what is happening, you pull back.

"Why did you do that?" You ask him, your heart beating fast in your chest.

"Because I wanted to." He responds and a smile rises on his lips.

He cups your face with his hands.

"I did it because I love you, Y/N. All this time away from you I had this feeling that there was some strange emptiness in my heart. Now I know that it was because of you. I've missed you so much. And I'll never forgive myself for the pain I've caused you."

His fingers slip away from your cheeks and his eyes fill with tears.

"I don't know if you'd ever be able to forgive me for what I did to you, but I know I'll never forgive myself."

He stands up and turns to walk away but you jump from your seat and grab his shoulder turning him towards you.

"Don't you want to hear what I think?" You say.

He only stares at you silently with pain written all over his face. You place your hand on his cheek.

"You didn't cause me pain." You say and gently caress the fading scars on his skin with your fingers. "When you left me for her I was hurt, yes. But the happiness in your eyes lessened my pain in a way. Because if you're happy then all the pain in the world doesn't matter. I love you and I'm not going to lie to you; every minute away from you is a torture for me. But knowing you're happy, even if with someone else, made it a bit more bearable. And there's nothing I have to forgive you for. Don't blame yourself for something that was beyond your control. Because that's what feelings are. You can't tell your heart what to feel and when to feel it. You just do."

You smile, a real smile (the first one after he left you) and a tear rolls down his cheek.

"I don't deserve you." He says. "You're too good for me."

You only shake your head in response and lift your hand to wipe away his tear. After a moment of hesitation, you lean forward and press your lips gently on his. He lifts his hand and buries his fingers in your hair pulling you closer, while his other hand curls around your waist. When you pull away to take a breath you notice him smile.

"Do you think you can give me one more chance?" He asks and your heart starts beating faster all over again.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I want us to be together again. To be a couple. To be everything we once were and even more. But only if you want to."

You kiss him hungrily and pull away just a few inches so you can stare right into his brown orbits.

"There's nothing else I'd want more in this world."